loading USA or Australia on 2720 or quest2?

cbritton

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I'm currently looking at buying either a 2610, quest2 or 2720. Quest2 and 2720 have maps already installed and I wondered how I would load maps of USA or another continent if going there. I think they both have an extra 500mb for additional maps.

What do users do ? and do you change the atlantic basemaps ?

I think the 2610 has an advantage because I would just wipe the flash card and install USA continent (on a 1GB card).

I'm sure many have done this, can you help please ????

Colin.

2610 you're right. I've done it with a USA model. Used it in the US with CN USA. Came back home, wiped the CF card, loaded on CN EU no problems.

BTW best have World Map to use as a "Base Map" at zoom levels above 5 miles (IIRC) when you load the maps outside of the burn in base map area. It's not a true base map as the GPS won't use it to calculate a route.

City Nav Australia is only 130 MB so you should have no problems loading it into the free memory

I experimented loading US map-blocks onto my Quest 1 (243mb) and managed a large oval from New Orleans all the way up to Chicago, but - as soon as you start loading the larger metropolitan areas (New York, Tri-state area etc) the Quest soon fills up. For that reason, the 2610 wins.

Al :D

Back
Top Bottom