R1200GS Headlamp Protection

jonothan

Reaction score
Any suggestions regarding the various headlamp protectors available for the R1200GS?

In particular I'm looking for easy fit with a tidy appearance, that looks as if it belongs on the bike. At a reasonable cost.

Got to be better than losing a headlight to a stonechip, especially at £300 a glass!

Thanks

Jonothan

The TT protector is excellent, but for daylight use only! If you want to use it at night you will also need the headlight shield due to the light 'scatter'. Both available from Nippy Normans.

I have this one from Nippy Norman (£19) looks good and easy to fit :thumb

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=42814&stc=1

Developed from the need to protect the complicated and expensive headlights fitted to today's motorcycles.
The R1200GS headlight is in fact a one piece lens and therefore any damage to it could cause a complete failure of both lights with the possibility of being stranded with no lighting and an illegal bike.
Our Headlight Protector is manufactured from 3mm acrylic sheet to follow the shape and contours of the headlight and mounts 4mm from the headlight using super strong velcro attachment. However it is easy to remove for cleaning.

Attachments

• HLP_1200GSB.jpg
    HLP_1200GSB.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 716
  • HLP_1200GSB.jpg
    HLP_1200GSB.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 499
I know it went a bit wrong :nenau . It was the first time I've tried to attach a picture, wasn't sure if it worked so ended up with more than one. I may get it right next time :p

Ive added the OE one to mine which will be fitted b4 i pick it up today. :hapybnce: :wave :hogroast At 46 bangers :eek , its not cheap, but its well made and looks like it just grew there. :thumb

I fitted the TT one to catch all those huge stones and boulders that fly up on the A3 and through Green Park
4108.jpg

Jeremy said:
I fitted the TT one to catch all those huge stones and boulders that fly up on the A3 and through Green Park

:yelrotflm There's some big rock action all over the west end, mostly from roads works mind :D

IS the TT wire grill road legal in the UK? Or is it only daylight legal?

Ta

I've got the BMW one (two threads up).

Looks the biz:cool:, does the biz:thumb2, can be taken on and off in an instance without tools, and seems to have little glare compared to what I've heard about others.

Just the price you've got to contend with:eek:.

Mine's on a standard 1200GS.

Rod Souter had a very good one, from America I think it was. Cant remember exactly, but at the time I thought it was a good bit of kit.

Calling Rod
Calling Rod
John

I have this one from Nippy Norman (£19) looks good and easy to fit :thumb

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=42814&stc=1

Developed from the need to protect the complicated and expensive headlights fitted to today's motorcycles.
The R1200GS headlight is in fact a one piece lens and therefore any damage to it could cause a complete failure of both lights with the possibility of being stranded with no lighting and an illegal bike.
Our Headlight Protector is manufactured from 3mm acrylic sheet to follow the shape and contours of the headlight and mounts 4mm from the headlight using super strong velcro attachment. However it is easy to remove for cleaning.

I use one very similar to :rob:rob ...think its made by a firm called Ventura. Bought mine from Rainbow for about £17.

I didn't like the velco pads so I used silicon pads like you get with some car tax disc holders...very cheap on e bay. The hold OK and you can hardly see them...mines been on since January with no problems including a ride through the Spanish heat. When I need to clean the headlight lens I just replace the silicon pads.

Mike

Don't need one - I always stay in front!:augie

Another thought - how about we all pay a pound into an 'insurance pot'. Then if you should need a new headlight.....................:augie How many members are out there?

Went for the TT version after a kind Tosser donated the TT headlight light shield
which matched it rather well :thumb
wee%20headlight%20beak.jpg

Back
Top Bottom