Help needed understanding Mapsource

If you have all of Europe on a 2Gb CF card and you ask the PC to download 1b of maps, then the PC / GPS will follow your request and delete the 2gb of information.

So when / if you download, don't tick the maps unless you want them replacing. Just like if you don't want to send any routes or waypoints or tracks :thumb

BTW I have one file that is the only one with a mapset, so I shouldn't fall into the above problem. But I haven't tested it because I can't be bothered to :eek:

Gotcha - I think. Will try it out with normal level of abuse and see what happens.

John Armstrong said:
If you have all of Europe on a 2Gb CF card and you ask the PC to download 1b of maps, then the PC / GPS will follow your request and delete the 2gb of information.

So when / if you download, don't tick the maps unless you want them replacing. Just like if you don't want to send any routes or waypoints or tracks :thumb

BTW I have one file that is the only one with a mapset, so I shouldn't fall into the above problem. But I haven't tested it because I can't be bothered to :eek:

:thumb Yes what he says. Just tick routes for uploading and untick Maps. Should solve the problem. But in that case don't do as I suggested and select' Show maps around route'. just do the route and upload it. Your maps then should then not be replaced.

God!, Me and JA are good :D :thumb

Tomcat said:
Thanks guys, I'll take your advice. Autocalculate off, autozoom off... any other tips?
TC
Yes -

- Set "Map Detail = Most" or else you will not see all the small roads on the screen.

- Always test to start all uploaded routes before you leave home. There are at least 42 things that can go wrong and it's not fun to be 1000 miles away when you find out that "the route selected does not match the available maps".

By George I think I've got it...

So.....if I were to go and buy a 2GB disc which was compatible with my 2610 (SanDisk *******?) - which I could then swap for the current 512Meg number - then my Map problems would be over (assuming Map Detail set to Most)?

Please note Janet and John style of interrogation here - I predate the Playstation generation - and always suspected that a Gameboy was a dubious person a politician might meet on Hampstead Heath.....

Ibex said:
So.....if I were to go and buy a 2GB disc which was compatible with my 2610 (SanDisk *******?) - which I could then swap for the current 512Meg number - then my Map problems would be over (assuming Map Detail set to Most)?

Yes, as long as you:

a: remove the CF card whenever you connect the PC to the GPS

or:

B: you remember to untick the "maps" option if you don't do "a".

As long as you fill up the 2gb crad, Ok :nenau

Back
Top Bottom