NOG Rideout - Wales - 30th April

Richard Fuell

Hi All,

Not sure if I'm meant to mention this I have had notification of a NOG rideout to The Elan Valley in mid Wales on Sun 30th April. Leaving NOG at 8:30am. Weather looks good too! Contact Phil at NOG if you want more details.

Arse! If the new owner wasn't coming to pick up my Pan on Sunday I'd be there. I'll give Phil a call and see if I can meet up half way round or summat. :thumb

Regrettably I'll be in France en route to the Alps. :)

I'm hoping to make the NOG's rather gentler run to the Forest of Dean in mid-May.

Paul

What!

Paul Wakefield said:
Regrettably I'll be in France en route to the Alps. :)

I'm hoping to make the NOG's rather gentler run to the Forest of Dean in mid-May.

Paul

...er regrettably Paul? Shurely shum Mishtake?

i made it

and would like to thank all of the nog staff inc. steve :D for a great day out! Fantastic turnout! Didnt know i could get so much to the gallon.... and the sun even came out.. :thumb nick

I would of really liked to have gone, but I was busy making a GPS mount for the GSA, for the Scotland tour this week. Hope to make one of their other ride outs later this year. :)

Which bike did you go on, is it run in now Nick? ;) ;) :D :D

Was this the NOG crew?

I went for a ride into Wales yesterday, I met some friends at the Elan Valley visitor centre. Sadly I was on the LT as SWMBO wanted to ride in stately comfort :( as we went past Crossgates cafe there was what seemed like hundreds of beemers ahead of us and waiting to exit the cafe. We followed a group of them as far as Rhayadar when they turned off to the right as we went on to Elan. Saw a whole bunch more on one of the reservoir car parks futher up...were all these beemers the NOG crew?

Anyway we did a total of 260 miles which included Lynne Brianne (which seems to have been turned into a caravan park :spitfire) and the Devils Staircase - must have taken several millimeters off both sides of the LTs centre stand judging by the frequent grinding noises :D

Yep, that'll have been the NOG crowd. Must've been 30 - 40 bikes turn up. I was at the back for part of it, and it was quite impressive to see a mile long line of red lights ahead. Didn't get to stay long in the valley, as I had to race off, late for work :eek: :D

The bike mounted video came out well, just need a few snaps to edit in to it :bounce1 :bounce1

Fantastic day out. Big cheers to all the NOG gang and to everyone else for a top day - forgot how much fun a chilled out ride can be. Being at the top of those hairpins and seeing that massive snake of bikes was truly impressive.

When did you all arrive back at NOG? I took a detour and then caned it back to the A40 but didn't see you lot - couldn't decide whether I was behind or ahead!!

Ride report

johnnybravo said:
Fantastic day out. Big cheers to all the NOG gang and to everyone else for a top day - forgot how much fun a chilled out ride can be. Being at the top of those hairpins and seeing that massive snake of bikes was truly impressive.

When did you all arrive back at NOG? I took a detour and then caned it back to the A40 but didn't see you lot - couldn't decide whether I was behind or ahead!!

I posted this ..............

http://www.pashnit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5842

A cracking day out ...............

...and [ in anorak mode ] I liked it so much , I went back yesterday in the car with SWMBO and took some more photos .....

http://media.putfile.com/Elan-Valley

Steve

Elan Valley

steve silk said:
Hi Steve

Hope you don't mind, but I'm going to add some of you photos to the video

Ta

Steve

:beerjug:

No problem,

When I revisit on the bike [ soon I hope ] , I'll be taking my bullet camera and doing some video recording of my own .
Considering how many bikes there were , I thought the ride went very well .

I found these on the web ..........

http://www.focusbiz.co.uk/elanvalley/video/Elan Valley Aerial Broadband.wmv

http://www.focusbiz.co.uk/elanvalley/video/Elan Valley Broadband.wmv

Steve

Back
Top Bottom