do they come in black on black

Status
Not open for further replies.

somclan

Reaction score
DUDES,

Just got a offer to buy a Dutch parallel import R 1200 GS in all black.. Do they come in this color .. Any photos.. :eek:

Rgds

Stephen

Never heard of a black one from the factory but I had the dealer do mine in Diamond Black (standard colour option on the last generation M5) before delivery. Looks a bit like this:

Attachments

• black_gs.jpg
    black_gs.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 365
First;
black is not a color!
Black, white and grey is not colors - it's just dark or not that dark, or not dark at all! :D

And the bike on the picture;
I would say it is light black, black, and dark black! And a little grey.

So the answer are:
there are no colors at that bike! :D

...ok, ok; I'll take my coat....

:) Liv.

It is black. Or dark.
Black is not a color, but a bike looking like that is black. Or dark.

If the fairing and fenders and most of it was transparent, then it would be transparent.

Black and transparent is not colors, but it is a name for how it looks.

-If it is totally dark in a room, no light at all;- is it black or dark?
-If you turn on a lamp, a wery strong lamp that lightens up the room; -is it light or white? :nenau
Perhaps ''black'' is 100% no light, but if there is 1% light, then it is dark?
''Dark black'' is not black; it is dark. Or...? :nenau

Hmmm........

North said:
Say, your bike is so fast, no color will stick to it. :thumb

That made me think of a little girl I knew, age 4, she told me why her uncle had no hair left;
it was because his bike is so fast - the hair blowed away!

-Perhaps you get the answer if you ask a little girl? ;)

Shenzi said:
Aquavit for sure, they buy it in brown paper bags!

Aquavit... Mmmmm... A good friend of mine, Espen is Norwegian, and during Easter in Nurburg we were drinking and he explained that they don't measure the strength of their home brewn booze in percentage, but how many fights the bottle contains... :D :D :D :beerjug: :beer: Norwegians are on the top of the Finnishs' respect-list ;)

TheJoker said:
Aquavit... Mmmmm... ..... but how many fights the bottle contains... :D :D :D :beerjug: :beer: ;)

100% correct! :D

Attachments

• aquavit,løitens.jpg
    aquavit,løitens.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 202
North said:
White is the lack of color and if I remember right, black is the absorption of light. No reflection back. :)

So, my bike is a colour that isn't a colour but is something that's not a colour and that something that isn't a colour is absorbing something that is light but shows dark and although it's not a colour that is absorbing this light, it's very heavy?

Is that why my headlamp is so dim (the colour that isn't a colour is absorbing the light)? :confused:

Shenzi said:
Aquavit for sure, they buy it in brown paper bags!

Experience worldwide (even in Norway?) shows that bottles are generally better at containing liquid than paper bags, brown or otherwise :D

sproggy said:
Experience worldwide (even in Norway?) shows that bottles are generally better at containing liquid than paper bags, brown or otherwise :D

Yes, that is true.
But Aquavit is special... ;) It is powerful!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom