John Clark, Dundee

• Thread starter Deleted account rno
  • Start date

Deleted account rno

I had yet another encounter of excellent service from Graham Glendinning at JC's, Dundee. Big Mike Cromar was also more than helpful :thumb

Good to hear it Ronnie.

When we were in there on Monday returning the R1200GS demo bike which SWMBO had over the previous weekend, I happened to mention to Brian Malcolm on Service Reception that I thought my rear crankshaft oil-seal might be leaking.

Five minutes later, he and a mechanic were outside inspecting the joint between the engine and gearbox and getting the same smell of hot oil that's been concerning me for a wee while now. The verdict is that I'm correct and the seal is leaking. The bike goes into Clark's on either Sunday or Monday next week, whenever I can get it there and they'll start pulling it apart right away.

Excellent service fae Allan and Andy again for first service on GSA
done them a wee favour and it was returned 10 fold
thanks again Lads :thumb

Well I dropped the GS off there this afternoon to have the leaking rear crankshaft oil seal replaced and I'm now riding around on a nice new K1200GT. So there....... :p

(Actually, I'm not at all sure that I like it...... :eek: )

What's the update on the K1200 then, Schtum. Any better than first impressions?

My Pal just had his new 1200 in for its first wee service( 600 miles i think) at Clarks Aberdeen and they charged him £186 !! Is this normal I always thought you just paid oil and filter for the first service/

Stumpy

Ronno said:
What's the update on the K1200 then, Schtum. Any better than first impressions?
'Fraid not. In spite of Alan muttering at me on MSN last night that I'm a moan.... :eek:

It's got awful drive-line shunt and fuelling "issues" at small and closed throttle openings. Going round roundabouts is a very odd experience and it most definitely doesn't handle at high speed. The electronic suspension adjustment is completely superfluous and the ride quality is too bouncy on almost all the settings. I might try it on the two-up setting next.

On the other hand....the engine is a dream when it's pulling. Overtaking is just a thought away. The heated seats are richt braw and the toys are fun, including the trip computer which tells me that it's averaging just over 50 mpg. My £12K would definitely go elsewhere. Having said that, I've only ever ridden the K1200S around Knockhill but I like that a lot at the time. I want to try the K1200R next and that's really the one I fancy*.....(but I've also got a hankering after a KTM 950 SM..... http://www.bikersoracle.com/vfr/forum/showpost.php?p=715692&postcount=37

http://www.bikersoracle.com/vfr/forum/showpost.php?p=717027&postcount=66

*ALAN......!!!!:inlove

stumpy said:
My Pal just had his new 1200 in for its first wee service( 600 miles i think) at Clarks Aberdeen and they charged him £186 !! Is this normal I always thought you just paid oil and filter for the first service/
Aye, it's normal now. The first service used to be free but no longer. :(

Back
Top Bottom