Light open Lid?

dave_h

I fancy getting the lightest open face lid out there for my oncoming trip, i have tried the Davida and the freeway but i am undersided?
Just picked up Gericke's catalogue and have seen this lid on page78 is it legal ?
I know it doesn't offer much protection but looks cool on those hot sultry days whilst touring abroad.
The Takai roadster looks ok anyone got one.
I like something that sits round your head and not on it if you see what i mean.
Anyone................................................................

open face

I use a ARAI open face, if your speeding, visor flips up somtimes, but its like not whereing a helimt at all.

light and airy, like it over full face XRRRRRRR , 100 miles flat out I got lock jaw.

If you fall off, I`m going to die anyway, so its best to die ugly.

Have you looked at a.............

What about the ROOF BOXER........

It seems to be able to do both, the face guard swings right round to the rear of the Helmet, so it doesn't get caught by the wind.

The Face Guard also snaps into place if you need the extra protection against the elements, reversing Bees and the like:D

CC

:cool:

I agree with Bakerman. Used them for years...like riding without a helmet..so comfy. If your visor comes up at speed (what speed are we taking about?) it could be a faulty mechanism. I've had 2 of these helmets going back to 1995 with no problems except the side padding getting wet in very , very heavy rain.

Mike R

arai freeway

cant beat an ary freeway on hot summer days had one for ages stick a pair of shades on and catch some flies comfy and well priced
tried to get the Bell tourlight from raceways at donnington park they only have small and medium in stock and cant get hold of large for love or money nice looking helmet but under sized so dont catch a cold try one for size before you order
hope that helps
jon b

Liked the Arai and Roof when i tried them on so i asked the young and rather attractive lady saleswoman what my ugly mug looked "coolest in"
She replied "Have you tried a full face sir":(

Thanks for the replies.

Re: Have you looked at a.............

coolcarbon said:
What about the ROOF BOXER........

It seems to be able to do both, the face guard swings right round to the rear of the Helmet, so it doesn't get caught by the wind.

The Face Guard also snaps into place if you need the extra protection against the elements, reversing Bees and the like:D

CC

:cool:

Most people I know can't wear the Boxer as the chin piece is just that and ends up pressed hard against the chin. I couldn't even close the thing on the helmet I tried.

What's really cool on an open face are the scars you get when a bloody great stone smacks you in the face. :(

Cheers

Dick

dave_h said:
Liked the Arai and Roof when i tried them on so i asked the young and rather attractive lady saleswoman what my ugly mug looked "coolest in"
She replied "Have you tried a full face sir":(

Thanks for the replies.
She would've suggested a carrier bag but there's a higher profit margin to be had in helmets!! :D

I ended up with the Boxer as i could also see it doubling up as a winter helmet too.
I think they look quite cool and seem to be well made(go on someone make my day:rolleyes: )

I could understand the concerns with the chin piece being tight on your chin but then i guess if you only have one chin its no problem dick:p ;)

And that goes for you too Andy:D

dave_h said:
I could understand the concerns with the chin piece being tight on your chin but then i guess if you only have one chin its no problem dick:p ;)

I've got more chins than a Chinese Telephone Directory..............

MikeO:p

dave_h said:
I ended up with the Boxer as i could also see it doubling up as a winter helmet too.
I think they look quite cool and seem to be well made(go on someone make my day:rolleyes: )

Nice helmet - if ya like em FOOOOKIN noisy and breezy, do they still come with clear and black visors? Mine did, mind it was one of the early ones.

Hope you bring it on Thursday, in fact could you model it by keeping it on all night :D

judge said:
Nice helmet - if ya like em FOOOOKIN noisy and breezy, do they still come with clear and black visors? Mine did, mind it was one of the early ones.

Hope you bring it on Thursday, in fact could you model it by keeping it on all night :D

Dear mr Selkent Terminator,

Not sure about Thursday as i have a meeting up town and it looks like a long one:(
I like a helmet with a breeze running through my hair it makes me feel at one with nature and airs my follicles on my head:D
Did the early ones come with an extended strap?:D

AAhh! how i will miss the banter on Thursday:( :D

Back
Top Bottom