Scary moments

Its off back to the garage, Took it out last Sunday and it was perfect but doesnt inspire me with confidence :( See what the Techies say !

I had a non ABS 1150 before which was fine. No brake problems there.

Just a thought. What else do you have on your key-ring?

It does sound as if the ignition got turned off. The ignition barrel isn't overly "positive" in its positioning. It wouldn't take a lot to flick the key round a tad if it wasn't quite fully in position?????

Just a basic sort of key fob that came with the bike. Leather ! No other keys.

mine has switched itelf off with just the leather key fob attached, only at 80ish plus when the fob, which is quite heavy, can get blown about. happened about 2-3 times since new. i think the ignition barrel is too loose.

09/04

Mmmm interesting, I shall have a look. Dont think it is the key fob though as the bike wouldnt immediately restart when I was on the hard shoulder. If it was just switched off then I would have expected an immediate restart.

MartinW said:
Mmmm interesting, I shall have a look. Dont think it is the key fob though as the bike wouldnt immediately restart when I was on the hard shoulder. If it was just switched off then I would have expected an immediate restart.

Martin,
On hardshoulder, with key switch on:
Was the bike lifeless for a period, or would it crank but not fire?
Bin

Back
Top Bottom