• Total voters

Llama

Reaction score
Gentlement choose your route.

Please do express a preference even if you don't have one :eek:

Cheers

Ralph

Confusion

I'm sorry if there is some confusion here but this thread is linked to my previous one regarding a greenlane run in either Norfolk or Suffolk.

I believe that; in order to minimise our impact on the lanes and to prebent any negative views on large numbers of bikes riding off-road, the numbers need to be limited.

As such the list attending this run is as agreed in that previous thread. Which is:
1 Tricky
2 Boxer
3 Walti
4 Spanfly
5 Scottie
6 Treeman
7 John
8 Sniper
9 Me

I'm sorry to you others who have voted (unless your doing it just to muck up the numbers :rolleyes: ) but were full.

As stated I will lead another run next month for those that miss this one.

Boxer

I'll be on Anakees so if you fall so will I :(

Suffolk 4-1

Hi all

Counting the votes of those that are coming I make it 4-1 in favour of Suffolk.

I have changed the route slightly from the one previously posted.

Start point is at the Shell 24hr petrol station on the main street in Diss. There are toilets there, sweeties and fuel.

We will be finshing at the Shell Petrol Station on the A11 Attleborough Bypass. Again there is fuel, toilets, sweeties, a little chef and a burger king.

The complete route is 83 miles which seems a lot but it should be do-able as a lot of the tracks can be riden quite quickly. Most of the tracks should be okay with tourances/anakees although the bbc is predicting wet weather which should make life interesting.

There is very little civilization en-route so bring a flask and sarnies and loo stops will be behind the nearest tree.

I will be at the garage from 09:30, hoping to get away asap but by ten at the latest. My mobile is 07860 918922 so if your running a bit late ring me and we will wait for you.

See you all on sunday :thumb

Attachments

• Suffolk GS Run.gdb
    41.7 KB · Views: 43
Hi Llama.....

I've been let down by my tyre man, (deflated?) and I will be on well worn Anakees, they are only worn in the middle and have reasonable tread depth toward the edge of the tyre.

I also am a complete novice for off road riding, and am nervous to say the least.

If you feel I will be a liability on this run, please say so then I will drop out so someone else can have my place! - rather than leaving this till Sunday morning to find out!

Paul

Paul

I have only done a little off-road and I'm pretty nervous as well. There will be no pressure and if you don't fancy a bit you can always miss it out.

I have no intention of doing myself or my bike any harm so come along and give it a try the worst that can happen is we have some fun :)

Good afternoon Lama,

What time are we kicking off tomorrow - as well can you provide map in different format - seem to struggle to opne gbp or whatever format you have submitted this in.
Thanks again,

Frank

Walti,
The only off road I have done, is the 2 day BMW course and that was on a 650GS with knoblies.
I am on my GSA with tourances, so slightly aprehensive so you're not the only one.
Mike.

I 'm on well worn tourances so we will all be in the same boat - should be good :eek: See you all tomorrow :thumb

Spanfly said:
Good afternoon Lama,

What time are we kicking off tomorrow - as well can you provide map in different format - seem to struggle to opne gbp or whatever format you have submitted this in.
Thanks again,

Frank

Frank
I will be at the garage from 09:30, hoping to start by 10:00. The weather looks a bit iffy tomorrow so it should be interesting :eek

The route is in a standard garmin data file.

The only other file types I can handle are .mmo (memory map) or .gpx which is an exchange format but these are not accepted as attachments.

Sorry about that. Can you accept either of these? If so I could send it via email.

Ralph

PS: looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow.

Hi Ralph,

Will aim to be there at 9.30 but might be a litle late....hope the weather clears up.
What time you think we finish?
Just so that I know what to tell the family!
My mobile just in case you need it: 07711033308

Cheers,

Frank

Frank

To be honest I have no idea. The route is 80 miles and I am aiming to do it all (weather permitting). As the day progresses we will have some tea stops and decide how much further we want to go.

If we do it all I would guess a finish time around 16:00-17:00(ish).

Ralph

Pi$$ing it down!

:( It's been raining like crazy, non-stop, down here in Suffolk - all the main roads are flooded. I like a little adventure, but know my tyres have got no chance after all this rain in the Suffolk clay, so I'm crying off. If the rest of you are brave enough to go ahead I wish you the best of luck! And if it's cancelled and postponed to another day will hopefully see you then. All the best :beerjug:

As of 07:40, the sky here in Gt. Yarmouth (30 miles from start) is blue-ish and the roads are bone dry. I shall still set off and play it by ear.

As I said I am riding on Anakees and if its too bad I will bottle it anyway. At very least I will have ride to Diss and back. :(

Once I get a shore pass from swmbo I like to make use of it ;)

Ralph,
I am togged up and waiting for Treeman.
We plan to be there for 9.30. leaving at 8.30.
My mobile is 07799543941 I will try to rig it up to answer on the bike if you cancel.
Maybe if its too wet, we could go elsewhere.

Mike.

Leaving Chelmsford now - hope to be there about 9.45 - see you all there....

I hope you all made it to the end in one piece.
I got home at about 12.30, after strugling around the first track. :eek:
Droping the bike a number of time and finally ending up on my head and back.
The bike is Ok, just a broken indicator lense. :rolleyes:
I am brused and my pride is also.
I wish now that I had not put quite so much fuel in the bike, and TKC's may have helped :D
Now, feet up, cup of tea and the second race from Monza.

Mike.

Just got home after joining late and leaving early!

Thanks for organising the run Llama I really enjoyed it, but decided to quit as I was starting to struggle and it as only a matter of time before I made a mistake, which would have ruined a superb day for me!

Lessons learnt:

Knackered Anakee's don't like mud.

After heavy overnight rain things were a bit slippery to say the lest and only one of our crew was on the right tyres :D

HPIM0568.jpg

HPIM0569.jpg

HPIM0570.jpg

We did the difficult part first :clap

HPIM0571.jpg

HPIM0572.jpg

A well earned break :thumb

HPIM0573.jpg

Returning rain eventually did stop play after a further break

HPIM0574.jpg

HPIM0575.jpg

Nice to meet you guy's and once again a big thank to Ralph (Llama) :clap for organising it. Hope all got home safe and here's to the next one in hopefully dryer conditions.

:thumb

PS the date is wrong on my camera after changing the batterys and not resetting it :rolleyes:

Glad you enjoyed it and got back in one piece :D

It's amazing the difference a few days can make, most of these track were bone dry on Thursday :eek:

3 of us carried on to the end and the last track (Harland Drove) was a lovely ride. We finished at about 15:30 although we missed out a few in the middle. One of the tracks was TRO'd so we would have had to bypass it anyway.

I will pick a date for July and plan another 'Mini Adventure!'.

The group size seemed okay although I think we could go up to 10 next time.

Lessons from the day:

1. Get TKC's fitted
2. Don't try and ride through a mud bath with worn Anakees.
3. Get TKC's fitted
4. Soft mud is only soft when you ride on it, not when you land on it :confused:
5. Get TKC's fitted.

Oh and one more......

what was it now......

oh yes:
6. Get TKC's fitted.

See you in July

Ralph

Back
Top Bottom