1150 CYLINDER GUARDS??

Adam

Reaction score
I dropped my 1150 at 4am this morning (bit tired). Any sensible advise on whose cylinder guards to buy because the original plastic one shattered.

I might still get engine bars as well but I want the cylinder covers first. Looking around, Staunton seem to do nice ones - is their a website or a UK dealer??

Would be grateful for advise/direction

Thanks

Which side did you shatter? I'm trying to source a right-hand-side-as-you-sit-on-bike.

Mine's a 1150 GS non-adv. Erm, could I buy it?

My mate did the same thing a few weeks back and has just got himself a set of the Touratech ones.

I must admit they are a nice bit of kit and look very strong.

He has an adventure so thats why the cylinder heads took a bashing.... crash bars higher up. I have a standard 1150 with Hepko & Becker engine bars and have dropped mine offroad a couple of times and there are just some light scratches to them, no damage to the cylinder heads at all.

Jon :thumb

stantons

hi just do a google search for stanton head guards. They are made in pheonix there is no uk dealer, however it is easy to buy a set, start price is $200 then tax, shipping and import duty.. will cost around £185... worth every penny! regards nick

Nick Marshall said:
hi just do a google search for stanton head guards. They are made in pheonix there is no uk dealer, however it is easy to buy a set, start price is $200 then tax, shipping and import duty.. will cost around £185... worth every penny! regards nick
Thanks Nick, I'll have a butchers.

snoopy said:
Which side did you shatter? I'm trying to source a right-hand-side-as-you-sit-on-bike.

Mine's a 1150 GS non-adv. Erm, could I buy it?
The nearside (left leg) one was the one I trashed. The right leg side is OK.
Mine is a 1150 gs non adventure.
Make me an offer??

Thx

blues n twos said:
My mate did the same thing a few weeks back and has just got himself a set of the Touratech ones.

I must admit they are a nice bit of kit and look very strong.

He has an adventure so thats why the cylinder heads took a bashing.... crash bars higher up. I have a standard 1150 with Hepko & Becker engine bars and have dropped mine offroad a couple of times and there are just some light scratches to them, no damage to the cylinder heads at all.

Jon :thumb
Thanks for the info

Adam said:
The nearside (left leg) one was the one I trashed. The right leg side is OK.
Mine is a 1150 gs non adventure.
Make me an offer??

Thx

Give you a tenner for it?

andrew.charnley -at. @igaro.com

I just replaced the guards on my gsa, after a small mishap :rolleyes:

Nearly £70 from BMW!

Whoopss. Sorry snoopy...

reading that back it doesn't look to helpful now. Guess i'm still pissed off at the rip off price for 2 bits of plastic.....

Anyone need a right side + spark cover? Not perfect but free to a good home.

Ah, another wanting to hear the Moroccan tails from the wise old man :thumb

Kent's a bit far like... I'm in Herts.

Got some Stantons.....

DSCF1441.jpg

A week after fitting them I dropped.... sorry the bike fell off the side stand! :rolleyes: Result was a scratch to the Stanton, I just touched it up with black paint. :thumb
Well worth the money.

Yes yes I have cleaned the bike/Garage, and no the oil isn't overfilled it was on the side stand. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom