Assistance required from Somerset Tossers

Grazoid

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Does anyone live near Green Ore crossroad, the junction of the A39 and the B3135 from Cheddar ?

The reason for asking is that my GF was picking up a F650GS from Devon, Saturday before last , and after a pleasant cross country jaunt , where she had already put 100 miles on the bike she started off through Green Ore on a green light and ended up in the middle of the junction the victim of a SMIDSY. A Mazda sports car coming the oppostite direction turned right suddenly in front of her onto the A39.

The instant result was two vehicles braking suddenly before colliding. End result was GF with bad gash in leg and lots of pain from brusing that now runs from her toes to her knee.

Luckily decent boots and armour stopped a lot of the damage from the sport cars light cluster gasploding with the impact. Her bike , not a mark on it, the rider will be out of action for a couple more weeks yet.

Okay back to the plot - Jules was so in pain that she didn't get a chance to take any pictures at the scene , she was too busy keeping the bike upright while not trying to pass out .

As we are so far away , we dont have a chance to head back for weeks to make sure she gets a good description of the incident off to the solicitors for the PI - so can some helpul person provide some pics of the junction - the view from the direction of Cheddar both before the junction and at the junction, it will be great if anyone can oblige ?

PM me for e-mail details if you can help her out... cheers :thumb

Sorry, only just seen your thread. Green Ore junction was redesigned 6-7 years ago after a RTA when a stoned 13 year old hippy drove out in front of someone on the A37. 6 dead! I thought they'd made it foolproof by now, but maybe fools are still too ingenious. Hope the girlfriend's OK now. Any info I can give you now, just e-mail treverp624@aol.com; or you could try Mendip District Council.
Boots can take out car headlights with a very satisfying noise, can't they.
Trevor

If you're not sorted by now I'll be happy to take a run over that way and take some photos - let me know. Hope the GF is fully recovered.

Back
Top Bottom