Speeding in France

Hi Mike

Just found this forum. I note you are in Normandie. We are at 61470 Le Bosc Renoult. pm if you want to meet sometime. Just off to Curacao for a few weeks, not on bike sadly.

Hi Mike

Just found this forum. I note you are in Normandie. We are at 61470 Le Bosc Renoult. pm if you want to meet sometime. Just off to Curacao for a few weeks, not on bike sadly.

John,

you do know that there's a english biker in France forum??

http://www.bikeclubfrance.com/

Not that I don't want to ride with you.... but you'll find many others there.

And to add to your pain... a local French lady was driving her car along a main route nationale recently, which had the solid white line up the middle I.e. no overtaking). There was a truck pulled over with his hazards going, so she assumed that he was either (a) broken down, (b) getting directions or (c) having a "comfort stop". So she looked, checked mirror, indicated and overtook - all perfectly correctly and - she thought - legally. She was immediately pulled by an over-officious gendarme and fined for crossing the white line. When she protested, she was told that she should have waited for the truck to move. Typical French logic! What if he HAD broken down???

Being French, she was able to have the argument, but it was to no avail. Had to pay the fine. What hope is there for the rest of us if we are not entirely fluent French speakers?

Cheer up. It might never happen!
Kate
www.martinpegler.com

Easy... chain wax and compost or mud, look!!!

Pulled in to a gas station in spain, austria, and switz, where the ol bill were there, they couldnt give a sheet...the rozzers werent bothered in the slightest, worked for us.
Look at my plate....

Attachments

• DSCF0788.jpg
    DSCF0788.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 240
...... I think I was doing about 140 kph.I don't object to a fine - I knew I was over the limit but I don't want any points.

They would be unlikely to pursue a french rider for 140 in a 130 limit - relax....

Back
Top Bottom