Rear light removal

Baz

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Having had the connector to the brake light fall out this weekend ( Managed to push it back with a screwdriver)I want to make sure it doesnt happen again.

How do I remove the rear light unit without breaking anything??

Cheers Baz

There are 3 torx fasteners in the fender above the rear wheel that you need to remove which will allow you to drop the entire rear light assembly. It's very simple once you've removed them.

You'll need ease the three connectors off too and then make sure you secure them tightly when re-attaching. A bit of Vaseline on the points will help prevent the corrosion that happens on this ridiculous design that is exposed to all the elements.

Baz
access is behind this panel. I had a look after you set off.

Steve

Attachments

• rear light.jpg
    rear light.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 160
Just had a look at it now. The plastic slot that the connector fits in appears to be broken so instead if a push fit, its like a "sausage in a bucket" just flopping around.
Will call SPC tomorrow & get it sorted under warranty.

12000 miles on my last 1200 and no problems, 1500 on this and first claim already , who said the new bikes were sorted :eek:

Baz

I had a new rear light assembly fitted under warranty. BMW assist came out first, and bodged it so i could get to a dealer with my brake light working.

Booked into SPC on Saturday. Also require 2 recalls :eek: & they can look at my rear disk whilst theyre at it. Appears to be binding.

Baz

Back
Top Bottom