Brief look at Lier Belgium

Rob Farmer said:
Looks like a mass of aimless meanderings to me.:D

Exactly what it was - aimless meanderings - small lanes, tracks, past windmills and some nice terraces and cafes.....just thing thing for a sunny spring weekend :beer:

Re: Most entertaining..

Paulf said:
Especially the bits where you were 23 feet below sealevel!
Yes, there are a lot of places in Belgium below sealevel (altitude: -7.9 meters) :

24460-Medium.jpg

I definitely have to make another trip to Lier. The last time I was there was on a school trip some 25 years ago.

I AM SLIGHTLY WORRIED THAT WHEN WE ARE ALL CAMPING IN BELGIA IN A COUPLE OF WEEKS, OUR TENTPEGS WILL PENETRATE THE SURFACE AND CAUSE MULTIPLE FOUNTAINS RESULTING IN A FLOOD OF BIBLICAL PROPORTIONS. CAN ANYONE CONFIRM THAT THE NATIONAL WATERPROOF MEMBRAIN IS WELL BELOW TENT PEG REACH. I AM PREPARED TO DROWN FROM THE INSIDE BUT HAD NOT INVISAGED THE DANGER OF SUCH A STUPIDLY LOW LYING COUNTRY

Don't worry about it - just make sure you have a good air mattress and you will float :D

woodsie said:
I have never been to Belgium but please do tell - is every town populated with GS1100's so that you can't take a photo without one being in shot????? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Damn, I was going to say something like that.

Dennis Thomson, switch your 'caps lock' off before posting, please :D

Cheers

Dick

HOI,.Iam a senior member, I can use caps if I want tO

Back
Top Bottom