Meet-up Wednesday 10 - 3 Horseshoes, Garsington

MMC

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Having spoken to Possu (Steve) today, thought I'd better let people know that:

We're meeting on Wednesday evening, 7.00 at the Horseshoes in Garsington. Chris A should be along shortly to tell us more... but apparently there's curry. Sounds like a result to me.

See you there.

Talk of the devil...

yep, as mentioned in the last two threads, there is a curry night on in the three horseshoes every wednesday night. Its £6.95 a head, and runs from 7-9pm I believe. A very nice cosy pub, and great friendly staff.

GPS co-ords are N51 42.989 W1 09.626 for those that way inclined, or for normal people, its

The Three Horseshoes
16 The Green,
Garsington,
Oxford.
Oxfordshire.
OX44 9DF

Get off of the Oxford ringroad at the Cowley BMW plant, take the Watlington Road, under the railway, then second traffic lights turn left (Oxford Road). Follow into Garsington, up the hill until a near 180 switchback. follow road round switchback and take next right (The Green). Pub is just in on the left.

Unfortunately I can't make it, so have a nice time without me

:beerjug:

I'll be there - looking forward to meeting the Oxonian chapter and a nice Indian meal (especially as it is Possu's turn to cook that evening, so he has to pay the bill... :D)

me and jim

will be there... have to tape the apprentice.. bet the dyke doesnt win!

Buttshagging arsewrench!

I'd planned on being there tonight, really looking forward to a laugh and a cuzza after today. Cycled home, kitted up, helmet on, key in - click. Click. Swear. Click.

Feckin battery again, and Pip's on a late. No neighbours in to give me a start off their battery either. And of course, 'cos the office car is at the office (as usual) no way of getting to Garsington.

Well, I hope you all had a good curry. Anyone save me any?

What a shame! Hope re-charging the battery solved your problem?

We had quite an enjoyable evening - about 14 GSers turned up and it was nice to put faces and stories to names and bikes.

The curry was ok but nothing exciting (sorry, Chris...), so there was no point saving you some. :D

Next month's meeting will be Cassington IIRC.

Btw, are you coming to the NOG ride-out on Sunday (Forest of Dean and the Wye Valley)?

Cheers,
Ela

Yeah - a jump from the battery on Pip's car was all it needed...

Sorry the ruby wasn't up to much - we should hit The Shapla in Witney for one. I reckon it's the best for miles and even blows Aziz on the Cowley Road out of the water. Good to know that there was a good turn out though.

Cassigton - we've got to do that one. Went for the first time last year - just a very, very good job I was broke, or I would have been seriously broke by the end of the evening.

Can't make the NOG rideout, worse luck - deadline from hell on Monday, so need to spend Sunday at the keyboard again... But think of me when you're having fun, eh :D Just watch out for roundabouts and Ford Focuses.

Pubs and Curry ...

... If 'tis Real-Ale and Ring-Sting you seek try the next village to Garsington ... Horspath, accessed from Wheatley-Garsington road, or from the Oxford Ring Road (traffic signals by BMW).

The Chequers Pub on the sharp bend in the middle of the village ... Pub AND Curry House ... I'll have the Lamb Tikka Vindaloo :spitfire and an iced bog-roll takeaway please.

Back
Top Bottom