My mate is down!

Update

Cheers Lads!

Well, Scott was moved to the Coventry and Warwick hospital last week for a 7 hour op on his pelvis. All went well according to his wife. The framework has now been removed and the pelvis has been pinned together. He's now able to sit up, first time for 4 weeks!

I'm off to see him this week as there's things he needs to talk about with me so his wife says? She's going to tell him about the fate of the other rider before he reads it on the insurance claim paperwork. They really are insensitive bastards! Personally, I would have forged his signature and sent it back without him seeing it, which I did tell her to do.

She's dreading it, I've told her if she 'shits out' then I'll do it.

Hoping he'll be back home in a few weeks?

Flipfly said:
Hope your mate and his family recover soon.

I say family because my brother had a head on with a car two years ago. Had 2 foot of his bowel and a foot of his colon removed (had a poo bag for 9 months before they joined him up :eek: ). Also fractured his pelvis, had the bones in his leg pinned and smashed his wrist.
Thought he would never ride again, but he's just ordered a new 1200 adventurer!!
I spent 6 weeks going to intensive care everyday whilst I watched my brother walk the tightrope between life and death. Not much fun, I know.
You never get over it but it should never stop you doing what we all love.
Some accidents can be avoided, some can't, but you can't wrap yourself in cotton wool.
I agree that the standard of driving and riding is awful. When you ride, take this into consideration. The only assumption you can make is that if you get it wrong it will hurt (if your lucky!!).
Ride safe all, and think about this thread next time you want to hoon. :thumb

Sorry folks - but this reply has made me feel abit sick. Having watched total :censor::censor::censor::censor::censor::censor:s tear around corners putting car drivers and other bikers in danger to the point of being insane -- I think that our friends mate will be thinking twice, quite rightly, about going back on the road. Sunday bikers; speed freaks; complete tossers who care nothing for their lives let alone the lives of the people they hit --- are the thing that makes my family; your family; everyones family -- those of our loved ones who do not ride -- soil themselves at the idea of losing their loved one through OTHER PEOPLES STUPIDITY, SELFISHNESS AND INSANITY!! If someone wants to quit because their family has had enough - and their baby son wants to see his dad - then even THINKING about getting back on the road is too much. "If you get it wrong" --- sometimes the choise isn't even there to get it wrong!!
Sorry to rant - sorry if I have misunderstood Flipfly's intent - but this man and his family are thinking more about life than getting back on a bike right now!! :)
Glad to hear that things are picking up!
kindest thoughts,
Moo :)

Hi Dirty dog glad to hear Scott is doing well. It was my mate Jezz who died there. Always the life and soul of any conversation, Big Big shame but as some people have said accidents happen to everyone at any time. We have no control over it. We have to pick up the bits and press on as life is here to taste. Regards to Scotts family and thanks for the kind thoughts from this forum. Flip....

Flip said:
Hi Dirty dog glad to hear Scott is doing well. It was my mate Jezz who died there. Always the life and soul of any conversation, Big Big shame but as some people have said accidents happen to everyone at any time. We have no control over it. We have to pick up the bits and press on as life is here to taste. Regards to Scotts family and thanks for the kind thoughts from this forum. Flip....

Jesus Flip, I'm lost for words mate, that's a shock, it really is a small world!

Thanks for coming on and speaking. I spoke to Scott today over the phone and he's only just found out about your mate and he's really upset, he's going to have to have counselling to deal with what's happened. He's vowed to never ride again.

I have to ask you how Jezz's family are? Please tell them our thoughts are with them sincerely. It's really blown us all away as you all know to well!

Scott is still in hospital and is hoping to come home within the next 3 weeks.

Please, if anybody needs to speak to us, just call, here's my mobile: 07759 457262

Take care mate

Stu

My biggest worry when on the bike riding alone is other bikes. I don't like overtaking them, as I'm never convinced they know I'm there, and despite constantly looking in the mirrors, sometimes jump when overtaken by a screaming bike. When going round country bends, at some time during a ride I have a vision of a bike coming round my bend on my side of the road.
This will stick with me even more now, which is a good thing. We all need reminding of our mortality now & then.

I sometimes have my silly moments, naievely I like to assume that as I do 15,000 miles a year that I'm better than others!! As it possibly gives me a greater 6th sense for spotting nobheads??Just look at the low milages on the sports bikes in the adverts!!
Hope your mates recovery is quick.

Flip said:

I've been reading this thread for a while now and it is dreadfully upsetting and I'm really sorry about your mate dying Flip. But you are wrong saying that we have no control over it - speeding and getting it wrong going round a bend caused all this to happen according to the earlier posts and you do have control over that. As a result you end up with a guy who died, one seriously injured and two distraught families.

I feel for your mates family and what they must be going through and I'm glad DD, that your mate is on the road to recovery.

Back
Top Bottom