for those with BMW panniers

Hi Red,
sorry been away to southern Ireland for a few days.
Pissed down for 1200 miles and 2 solid days and Panniers never leaked a drop.
Fast Ferry was cancelled so we got into Hollyhead at 1:30am and rode thru the nite!
Give me your contact details and I will get in touch.

Metal Mule !!

My 1200 came with OE boxes and a Givi maxi 52.
In my opinion system boxes not brilliant. :( ............................ and tendancy to overfill Givi which means it weaves when overloaded :( .
Changed to Metal Mules (with Scorpion can)...................Previous experience with these boxes had been first class :thumb
The metal mule set up with near side box close in and scorpion can is an excellent way to go. Simple to fit and the end of can protrudes far enough past the back end to eliminate any melting and sooting problems. Excellent stuff :thumb :thumb

how much is that set up though...its about £800 withthe exhuast as well insnt it? I did seriously consider the metal mules, but for what i will be using them for (a trip abroad for a couple of weeks each summer) it an expensive set up.

Saying that though, if i have to pay 420 for just the BMW panniers, then i suppose its only another 180 for the metal mules, and 200 for a better exhaust which i would like to get anyway.... :thumb

red1200 said:
how much is that set up though...its about £800 withthe exhuast as well insnt it? I did seriously consider the metal mules, but for what i will be using them for (a trip abroad for a couple of weeks each summer) it an expensive set up.

Saying that though, if i have to pay 420 for just the BMW panniers, then i suppose its only another 180 for the metal mules, and 200 for a better exhaust which i would like to get anyway.... :thumb

Metal Mules are a lot more expensive than £800 with the exhaust setup. The chap priced it up for me at the BMF and it was well over a grand. He was not offering any deals as he claims they are the best the in the world and he has so much back order he almost can't cope with demand.

The price list on their website is out of date as it did not match the price list I got at the BMF.

Someone mentioned that there might be a GS club discount, but when I spoke to the Metal Mule man he wasn't prepared to budge on price.

HTH

yeah i just looked on the website and the new prices are on now :eek: :eek: :eek:

Everything seems to have gone up by about 30 quid (each pannier, frame, exhaust). Its a ridiculously expensive system now. I think it looks really good, especially in the powder coated colour, but with prices like that its for serious RTW'ers!!!

If i had a set of those on the bike i would be more concerned about people stealing my panniers that what was in them :D

Hehe, well at least thats put a nail in the metal mule coffin for me (and probably a few others i would think.....)

cant take 'em off

well one things for sure, expesnive they may be (but that's relative) but they would take some pinching :D
Meanwhile, I count the pennies in my pocket every time i fall off on a track or dump the bike in a ford and the 1200 just rests on those wonderful metal Mule boxes and my pride and joy (1200 or G/S) is unscathed, such is the build quality of the frames and boxes..........ah well you get what you pay for :dabone

red1200 said:
yeah i just looked on the website and the new prices are on now :eek: :eek: :eek:

Everything seems to have gone up by about 30 quid (each pannier, frame, exhaust). Its a ridiculously expensive system now. I think it looks really good, especially in the powder coated colour, but with prices like that its for serious RTW'ers!!!

If i had a set of those on the bike i would be more concerned about people stealing my panniers that what was in them :D

Hehe, well at least thats put a nail in the metal mule coffin for me (and probably a few others i would think.....)

Novice said:
Metal Mules are a lot more expensive than £800 with the exhaust setup. The chap priced it up for me at the BMF and it was well over a grand.
March 23rd I paid £904.93 for two 38 litre panniers with rubber feet and tie downs, narrow pannier racks and the exhaust - all done via their web site.

Gog yn y De said:
March 23rd I paid £904.93 for two 38 litre panniers with rubber feet and tie downs, narrow pannier racks and the exhaust - all done via their web site.
Forgot to mention that they were anodised and had the handles fitted too. Just priced them up on the web page now and it comes to £1,018.71 - looks like I bought them just in time :)

Did you Look

Red
Have a wee peek a Boo at this Lot.
And at 500GBP + Post i dont think they are outa the way.
These are welded items , no rivetts , no glue ,
Just nuts bolts and weld , good , honest & V.Strong.

YES i know , bloody shamless

www.cajasahel.com

Attachments

• 1200 PLASTIC .jpg
    1200 PLASTIC .jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 189
Off #Bay..

Got my full set of #Bay and recoded the barrels myself with the aid of a kit from SPC BMW... All three boxes locks and single seat locking plate £450... Done 3k miles in Spain/Portugal last year and performed faultlessly. Check out an American comapany called Cee Baileys, I bought inner bags for my panniers from them and there spot on.... They also make screens for our bikes....! Or did you all know that alraedy?

Bob.

Back
Top Bottom