Pass opening dates along the Routes Des Grandes Alpes

Bateman

Reaction score
Here's the latest opening dates of the major passes along the Routes des Grandes Alpes, according to their official site.....it roughly translates to the following:

Continuous snow late in the season on the alpine cols means they will open later this year.

"Le col de la Colombière: pour raison de travaux de déblaiement, l'ouverture se fera début juin." - because of clearing work, it will be open at the beginning of June

"Le Cormet de Roseland: entre fin mai et début juin." - Between the end of May and the beginning of June

Le Col de l'Iseran: pas avant le 10 juin - Not before the 10 June

Le col du Galibier: avant la Pentecôte. Before the Pentecost - whenever that is...

Le Col de la Croix de Fer: ouverture prévue entre le 21 et 28 mai. - Opening envisaged between 21 and 28 May

Le Col de l'Izoard: ouverture définitive le 19 juin. - Opening 19 June

Le Col de la Bonette: début juin - Beginning of June

...Which kinda messes my plan to ride the RGA next week though I guess I can do some of it though except for the real high stuff. Anyway, hope you find it useful.

Hmmmmm

Thanks for that info.
Am in Nice (trying to avoid letching at topless swedish women, fnar fnar) on the Wednesday and need to be in Morzine on the Friday.
May plot a route more east via Italy and attach Morzine from the right hand side, if Col D'Isere looks dodgy.

Any must do passes that way? Shame to miss out on Route Haut Alpes, but buddy is on my old 1100RT and may not thank me for taking him up and down black (or is that white?) runs.

Worreva we'll have a blast

cheers

Bateman said:
Here's the latest opening dates of the major passes along the Routes des Grandes Alpes, according to their official site.....it roughly translates to the following:

Continuous snow late in the season on the alpine cols means they will open later this year.

"Le col de la Colombière: pour raison de travaux de déblaiement, l'ouverture se fera début juin." - because of clearing work, it will be open at the beginning of June

Donno, haven't been there :(

"Le Cormet de Roseland: entre fin mai et début juin." - Between the end of May and the beginning of June

Should be open nowdays :rolleyes:

Le Col de l'Iseran: pas avant le 10 juin - Not before the 10 June

I wouldn't count on it yet :nono

Le col du Galibier: avant la Pentecôte. Before the Pentecost - whenever that is...

Have no idea when Pentecôte is, I think it's the holiday we have on Monday, what's it called :nenau
However, I went over it a week ago, so it's open
:bounce1

Le Col de la Croix de Fer: ouverture prévue entre le 21 et 28 mai. - Opening envisaged between 21 and 28 May

Thougt it was open, didn't do it though, so don't shoot me if I'm wrong :confused:

Le Col de l'Izoard: ouverture définitive le 19 juin. - Opening 19 June

Open and new tarmac on the Southside :thumb

Le Col de la Bonette: début juin - Beginning of June

Open, though I found out when it was to late, was allready in Barcelonette :eek

...Which kinda messes my plan to ride the RGA next week though I guess I can do some of it though except for the real high stuff. Anyway, hope you find it useful.

Hope this helps you a bit further :cool:

Grtz, Philip!

YOO

bladerunner said:
Hmmmmm

Thanks for that info.
Am in Nice (trying to avoid letching at topless swedish women, fnar fnar) on the Wednesday and need to be in Morzine on the Friday.
May plot a route more east via Italy and attach Morzine from the right hand side, if Col D'Isere looks dodgy.

Any must do passes that way? Shame to miss out on Route Haut Alpes, but buddy is on my old 1100RT and may not thank me for taking him up and down black (or is that white?) runs.

Worreva we'll have a blast

cheers

Try the Col de Vars, is eassily rideable on any motorbike, and it's a blast going down towards Guillestre :D

Grtz, Philip!

Just come back from the alps and will post a full trip report shortly..i rode the following, which were all officially open (except Madeleine which was closed but we went anyway and it was fine - a little bit of roadworks on the S side but ok):

Aravis
Roseland
Izoard
Bonnette
Vars
Cayolle

?

Bateman said:
Just come back from the alps and will post a full trip report shortly..i rode the following, which were all officially open (except Madeleine which was closed but we went anyway and it was fine - a little bit of roadworks on the S side but ok):

Aravis
Roseland
Izoard
Bonnette
Vars
Cayolle

So, was it good then? :D

Back
Top Bottom