Park Lane BMW

parklife

Hello,

Roy here.

Just a quick message from me, the new salesman down at Park Lane, wanting to thank Commuter & a couple of others for the compliments posted on the forum. It's a really good feeling when you are recognised for doing something right in life, because you're really recognised when you do something wrong!
Although you now know who I am, please don't use this forum to sling mud at the dealership with you expecting me to wipe it off every time I log on, because the reason I joined up is not-only to listen to your experiences but to learn more about the product I sell and to offer any advice I can, if I can.

See you on the circuit...

Welcome

A warm welcome to the GS Club. It's good to see an employee of one of the dealerships who is interested enough in their product and views of their customers to spend time on the bulletin board. You'll find lots of feedback here, both good and bad, and lots of excellent ideas on what customers want from their bikes - just take a look at the Innovators board! - I hope you feel that you can take this feedback to BMW in the interest of constantly improving the bikes and introducing some of the modifications that club members have implemented.

Oh and best of luck with the new job. Maybe we'll get to meet you at one of our events.

And good to see someone from one of the dealers with the balls to let on who he is.

I wish more dealers read these boards - I even wish BMW read these boards !

Welcome Roy

Philip (6X)

You signed up then!!

Welcome on board, good to see you here.

Catch u soon, Commuter

Here here.........

Well said lads!

I'm sure at times I must ound like a rotweiller with PMT but I do try to remain as impartial as possible and try to keep any negativity reasonable (although I'm sure Panzer Patrol and Biker Dave wouldn't agree....).

Grumpy Steve

Re: Here here.........

thesanguine said:
Well said lads!

I'm sure at times I must ound like a rotweiller with PMT but I do try to remain as impartial as possible and try to keep any negativity reasonable (although I'm sure Panzer Patrol and Biker Dave wouldn't agree....).

Grumpy Steve

Okay, who had the ticket for 38 minutes? Do we have a winner?

MikeO:)

Mike O :hapybnce:

Grumpy Steve, I'm even more concerned about you with the confession that you know what a rottweiler with PMT sounds like. Either that or this is the wrong forum for that kind of comment don't you think?:(

Mike and Rev.......

I don't want to hijack the threat as I applaud Park Lane's actions but I don't understand your comments? Ok it was 38 mins before I contributed but I think I'm missing something?.................it may not be a good idea to answer that!

Re: Mike and Rev.......

thesanguine said:
I don't want to hijack the threat as I applaud Park Lane's actions but I don't understand your comments? Ok it was 38 mins before I contributed but I think I'm missing something?.................it may not be a good idea to answer that!

Chill out:D In case you'd not noticed, you have gained the tiniest reputation for using every opportunity for promoting your own anti-BMW agenda. I was, of course, the only one on the entire board who was wondering how long it would be before you posted on this thread........

MikeO:D

My post was genuine actually Mike. After my own experience, I genuinely applaud a dealer who attempts to talk to owners and address any issues publically. I'm sure you know that not all my postings are to promote my own agenda either. A great bunch of guys here and and I'm happy to contribute positively to the club, boards and indeed to air my views on what a great bike the GS is. I thought that would have been clear at my appearance last week when I never even mentioned the subject.

Please don't take offence Mike but I must point out that my own agenda isn't intended to be "anti-bmw" as you put it. I believe it's a factual statement of how I was treated my BMW and why I am dissatisfied. I believe it's up to the individual to decide whether or not it shows the company in good light. After all, it's only based on the facts. It must also be bourne in mind that I, as well as other individuals have been unable to obtain a response from them. If they thought it was untrue, unrepresentative or in the least could be considered libel, I'm sure they would have replied when I gave then the opportunity to comment..........they ignored my letter!

anyway, hopefully we'll be able to have another beer later in the month without having to count our fingers after shaking hands....

:beerjug:

thesanguine said:
My post was genuine actually Mike. After my own experience, I genuinely applaud a dealer who attempts to talk to owners and address any issues publically. I'm sure you know that not all my postings are to promote my own agenda either. A great bunch of guys here and and I'm happy to contribute positively to the club, boards and indeed to air my views on what a great bike the GS is. I thought that would have been clear at my appearance last week when I never even mentioned the subject.

Please don't take offence Mike but I must point out that my own agenda isn't intended to be "anti-bmw" as you put it. I believe it's a factual statement of how I was treated my BMW and why I am dissatisfied. I believe it's up to the individual to decide whether or not it shows the company in good light. After all, it's only based on the facts. It must also be bourne in mind that I, as well as other individuals have been unable to obtain a response from them. If they thought it was untrue, unrepresentative or in the least could be considered libel, I'm sure they would have replied when I gave then the opportunity to comment..........they ignored my letter!

anyway, hopefully we'll be able to have another beer later in the month without having to count our fingers after shaking hands....

:beerjug:

QED:D

MikeO

Mike O,
You're now in danger of acquiring a reputation for "thesanquine baiting!" :D

thesanquine,
Arrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh!!!
If you had left out the 2nd paragraph it would have been an excellent excellent post and redeemed you in many peoples eyes.
But you couldn't resist it, could you? For Gods sake man, you have a link on your signature and if people don't already know about your issue, they'll click on it - stop mentioning it on this board!. :banghead:

Subtlety is the order of the day on this board now - By continually mentioning it, on this board people won't click on your link because they'll assume it's just a rant, and switch off as soon as they seen you mentioning it :sleep

Yes you want to pass on your experiences, and you are - thru your link! :thumb

But there's a time and a place to let go of this on this board, and it's way way past now.

In the words of the tv advert "For Gods sake man resist, you must resissssssssssst!!!!"

Mike O
My mum says this is all your fault today, cos you started it! Just wait until she tells your mum! :tears

Jon said:
thesanquine,
Arrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh!!!
If you had left out the 2nd paragraph it would have been an excellent excellent post and redeemed you in many peoples eyes.
But you couldn't resist it, could you? For Gods sake man, you have a link on your signature and if people don't already know about your issue, they'll click on it - stop mentioning it on this board!. :banghead:

Subtlety is the order of the day on this board now - By continually mentioning it, on this board people won't click on your link because they'll assume it's just a rant, and switch off as soon as they seen you mentioning it :sleep

Yes you want to pass on your experiences, and you are - thru your link! :thumb

But there's a time and a place to let go of this on this board, and it's way way past now.

In the words of the tv advert "For Gods sake man resist, you must resissssssssssst!!!!"
Sanguine - the learned gentleman does have an extremely valid point - there can't possibly be anyone left who doesn't know about your predicament or feelings - do us a favour and put a sock in it please ?

I thought the second paragraph was valid....

that's why I posted it. Believe me, there are a few fresh people out there. Remember though, my post was only a reply.......

Lets cut to the chase, Its nice to welcome a dealer to the board, now tell us about the club discount!

It's on a need to know basis! And we needs to know!

Jim650 said;
Lets cut to the chase, Its nice to welcome a dealer to the board, now tell us about the club discount!
To plagiarise a fantastic tv advert;

"Oh Roy honey! GSClub needs discount....................." :grin :grin :grin :grin

Make it so, or we send the Bakerman round and tell him you all shop at tesco

And you wouldn't like that :nono

Of course it's still not too late for Park West to sponsor the GSCLUBUK Morocco trip that leaves on Tues you realise?

42 chest, 34 waist 34 inside leg :rolleyes:

Boy I'd look really good in one of those BMW Rallye suits :D

Clothing Discount

Thanks Jon & Jim-650, and I can just imagine the boss's response...

"Roy the Salesman, I'm arresting you for breach of contract"

However, I'm here to help and believe me, we really do want your business, so come and see me and I'll see what I can do. Thinking about it, we've still got a little stuff left over from a recent end-of-year drive (maybe even a Rallye jacket, from memory).

Phone me first if you're after anything in particular and I'll see if I've got it in stock on 020 7318 9342.

Jolly Good Bank Holiday,

Roy

P.S. I don't shop at Tesco, but I'm not impartial to one of BP's gormet tuna sandwichs...

I shall be round Tues morning - just for a ride out to say hello, make sure my crap packing doesn't fall off the bike and get a free coffee before embarking on my trip South with Jim650 you understand :D

Cheers

Jon

Back
Top Bottom