Smashed Adventure

redcastle

Reaction score
At the Fish and Anchor last night there was somebody with a new adventure who had got knocked of by a diddy coy. I was wondering

a. who its was (sorry didnt get your name)
b. how are you feeling ??? you were a bit shook up and I hope your ok.
c. hows the bike feeling???

by the by, it was really nice to meet a few folks off the board and I really had a good time. Back next month for sure.
Sorry I cant do the BBQ but im too tight

john john

redcastle said:
At the Fish and Anchor last night there was somebody with a new adventure who had got knocked of by a diddy coy. I was wondering

a. who its was (sorry didnt get your name)
b. how are you feeling ??? you were a bit shook up and I hope your ok.
c. hows the bike feeling???

by the by, it was really nice to meet a few folks off the board and I really had a good time. Back next month for sure.
Sorry I cant do the BBQ but im too tight

john john

Hi, it was my bike! Jim's the real name, still a bit shaken by the whole affair more so when I saw how much it is going to cost the little dweeb that did this to get it fixed i.e. £2400 of which £2000 will be parts... in no particular order:

- new right pannier (pannier split and dented on inner, now won't close)
- new oil cooler
- new yolk/bushes
- new n/s front fork
- new o/s cylinder cover
- new o/s mirror
- new front beak
- new front fairing
- new front mudguard
- new o/s crash bar (part section)
- new n/s front spotlight bar
- new oil cooler housing

hmmm, not a good night out really!! Only just got the panniers about 2 hours before this happened!

didicoy, diddicoy
n. person who lives like a gypsy but is not a true Romany.

jayceer said:
Hi, it was my bike! Jim's the real name, still a bit shaken by the whole affair more so when I saw how much it is going to cost the little dweeb that did this to get it fixed i.e. £2400 of which £2000 will be parts... in no particular order:

- new right pannier (pannier split and dented on inner, now won't close)
- new oil cooler
- new yolk/bushes
- new n/s front fork
- new o/s cylinder cover
- new o/s mirror
- new front beak
- new front fairing
- new front mudguard
- new o/s crash bar (part section)
- new n/s front spotlight bar
- new oil cooler housing

hmmm, not a good night out really!! Only just got the panniers about 2 hours before this happened!

:eek: Have you rung the twat yet?

If not you need to do it ASAP, if no joy get onto Plod with a sense of urgency.

Here is my number 07761 786828 just in case

Alan

I hope it works out for you Jim,
Im not trying to do a suck eggs job here but it might be worth reporting it to evesham police to get an inicident number or whatever. Then if you struggle to get the cash you can persue your insurance. Heres the west mercia police number which covers evesham
Im sure others will offer advice................im no expert

08457 444 888

keep us updated young man and have an early night :beerjug:

cheers for the number mate :beerjug: I'll make sure the police know too. spoke to the perps dad this afternoon and told him how much this is going to cost them, going to meet them monday with the quote form from Clarks to get the payment. So if all goes well the bike will be in next week for repairs. If they don't deliver the payment i have the perps name, address and vehicle reg, and I've informed my insurers of the accident, so either way I'm covered.

Clarks have been excellent and got straight on the job this morning, making sure it was ok to ride etc. and getting an idea of cost, might even be less as there is a good chance the oil cooler housing is not bent/twisted so that'll save £200

To say I'm gutted is an understatement which is why I left early! have no fear I'll make up for it on Saturday evening!! :beer:

BTBR said:
:eek: Have you rung the twat yet?

If not you need to do it ASAP, if no joy get onto Plod with a sense of urgency.

Here is my number 07761 786828 just in case

Alan

cheers Alan, I rang him but no answer so rung other number he gave me and spoke to various family members, including his dad who was actually reasonable and said the cash would be waiting monday. he also phoned me back to assure me that this would be sorted.

jayceer said:
cheers Alan, I rang him but no answer so rung other number he gave me and spoke to various family members, including his dad who was actually reasonable and said the cash would be waiting monday. he also phoned me back to assure me that this would be sorted.

Good result, well done. :thumb

But just wait till you see my fee for being a reliable & trustworthy witness though... ;)

BTBR

BTBR said:
But just wait till you see my fee for being a reliable & trustworthy witness though... ;)

That'll cost him a whole pint, won't it Alan? :D

I wouldn't be surprised if the little feckin jake had no licence, insurance etc, hence pikey father's enthusiasm to pay up quickly?

Glad you're ok though, that's the main thing.

Mind you, I'd be gutted too about the bike if it were mine!

:thumb

Back
Top Bottom