Best current finance deals/loans?

tony.nottm said:
erm.... as you've got the money in the bank already. why not use that and simply set up a standing order to repay your savings. Pay YOURSELF £429.92 interest. instead of the loan company.

I bet your savings account doesn't pay 5.7% interest

Yes I guess I could do that, but I've a few plans for a fair bit this money that will return me more than 5.7%, and I'd really like to keep the rest in case my 'venture' takes longer than I think to pan out. Cheers for the advice though :)

edited: oops didnt see your edit either lol, think I need my eyes tested :rob

Pukmeister said:
Nor me mate, more like financial suicide. It makes a lot of sense to the loan agents though, who arrange finance for the "must-haves" then give them a chance to either refinance half a bikes value (plus interest) every two years or find a final settlement figure they cant afford for a bike they have paid top whack for.

Thats why it is so hard to strike a deal for cold hard cash these days, because finance deals and repayments are where the real profit is made.

Was talking to a guy at the dealers the other day who told me BM are offering a scheme where they give you a cheque back for £3000 when you buy a new bike. He showed me the print out but I couldnt quite fathom that one out, but he was saying you could use this for part of the final payment :confused:

I guess some folk would think, wow, I only have to put down a deposit and I'll soon have £3K to play with, and worry about the future when it happens, lol :D

Bob Southgate said:
I think John was talking about the total amount of interest payable when he was referring to "fees".

I suppose it is quite a low APR.

Back
Top Bottom