Hi Gazza
Just sold a pair of 38 ltr's
Very good quality takes about 30 mins to fit ,have to relocate
indicators onto the pannier rack.
Are yours a 38ltr + a 45ltr?
They are the dogs but just too wide for me anyway

mark

those boxes look toooo big for the bike , plus they look as though
there mounted to high, can you lower them by any chance , dont fancy riding with them fully loaded. andy

Hi Mark yes ordered the 38 and 45 litre boxes. I already have the mounts so just waiting for delivery. Yes I know they look big but thats exactly what I want. The bmw standard panniers do not fit my requirements. Because I only use the panniers for touring and long weekends away I dont really mind what they look like as long as I can get mine and the other halfs gear in. Got a Givi 45 litre top box also, two and camping and touring for 3 weeks you need a bit of room. If I am really good I get to put my things in the tank bag.:(

No new didn't know seconds were available, but then again thats the story of my life. :(

Advice please

Anybody help me out here?
Just been helping Lee Burrow fit a set of these to his Adventure and found the following problems:
Lots of nuts 'n bolts left over!!!
Crappy instructions!!!
Chamferred plates for fitting locking mechanism to have 4 holes - could only find space for 2 x bolts and was wandering WHY???
Routing for wires very poor - looks like we're going to have to drill into the mudguard and then 'guess' which colour wire goes to which terminal - why didn't they colour co-ordinate these???
For the money these things cost H & B should know better by now - are you reading you lot at H&B???

Jimbo tired/pist off/frustrated - blx - going for a pint :beer:

Blimey -- they are HUGE!

Wouldn't fancy filtering with those on....

Peter:p

Hi Jim,

if you mean the standard H&B fittingplates; they indeed have four
holes; one pair which is used on the standard H&B rack,and the others are for the old metal Krauserrack and as far as I know also for the standard 80/100gs g/s racks;

I sold my (R1100GS) H&B rack and then build an old Krauser rack on my Dominator, and when fitting the H&B panniers I had to use the other pair of holes for the locking mechanism..

Hope this helps...

Panniers

Cheers for that Geert
We managed to get them sorted but after a little bit o' the old wrestlin!
Lee's not tooooo sure but I think they look excellent - not a lot of thight room for the passenger though!!!

Back
Top Bottom