Can you fit HID to a 1200?

Les Wassall

HiD50.com leading light in HiD
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Most probably asked before, but I've not found any threads so can you fit a HID to a 1200 or are the lights good enough without, fitted a hid to my 1150 and a great improvement.
As I'm toying with the idea to change to the 12, wondered if it's worth taking the hid of mine and putting it on a 12.
Also what bulbs do the 1200 use in the lights? H1?

Cheers

Les Wassall said:
Most probably asked before, but I've not found any threads so can you fit a HID to a 1200 or are the lights good enough without, fitted a hid to my 1150 and a great improvement.
As I'm toying with the idea to change to the 12, wondered if it's worth taking the hid of mine and putting it on a 12.
Also what bulbs do the 1200 use in the lights? H1?

Cheers

Try looking at this article

http://www.r1200gs.info/howto/BR-mount.html

Cheers
Stig

Thanks for that Stig, if I explain myself a little better, can you convert the headlight of the 1200 to take a HID.

Here in Belgium several already installed a xenon conversion kit in their R1200GS. The canbus system does not have a problem with the reduced power consumption (35W iso 55W)

You will need a H7 kit, so you can't use your H1 kit from the R1150GS.

This is one of the guys who did the conversion

dscf23687wl.jpg

Remark: It is however a problem on a R1200RT because you need to replace two bulbs. The canbus systems does have a problem with the power consumption of only 70W iso 110W. Only to be solved by starting the bike 2 or 3 times.

Thanks for that guys, answers my question, will see if I can buy a replacement bulb for my HID kit.

:thumb

Back
Top Bottom