Easirider Sheepsking Thingy!

ianran

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Chaps (and chapesses) has anyone had experiences with these?
I'm looking to up the comfort level for long distance without boosting height.(trouble with coxyx!! :rob )
Had an 1150gs seat Melvyn Huntered, totally underwhelming if truth be told, so would like to find alternatives.
Thanks in anticipation :beerjug:

ianran said:
Chaps (and chapesses) has anyone had experiences with these?
I'm looking to up the comfort level for long distance without boosting height.(trouble with coxyx!! :rob )
Had an 1150gs seat Melvyn Huntered, totally underwhelming if truth be told, so would like to find alternatives.
Thanks in anticipation :beerjug:

You could search on "sheepskin" or go here

I bought one from www.sheepseat.co.uk. Feels nice to sit on but actually does something to the shape of the seat I dont like (I have a sargent seat).

Trip

Trip said:
I bought one from www.sheepseat.co.uk. Feels nice to sit on but actually does something to the shape of the seat I dont like (I have a sargent seat).

Trip
Trip
Thanks for reply, Would you say it makes the seat comfortable? And the $50million question if you knew then, what you knew now, would you still buy it?

As mentioned in my earlier post I am strugling with the base of my spine, caused by upright seating position, and am looking for something to relieve pressure.

A sheepskin will ease the pressure on your hip bones but probably won't help you much.
When my coccyx hurts, I move slightly further back in the saddle and lean/swivel forward from the hips, arching my back slightly more & thereby relieving the pressure.
I have an Easirider sheepskin - superb service by the way - and find it helps for a modest outlay. They have a huge variety of skins, so just ask for the same type as the transatlantic pilots sit on.

ianran said:
Trip
Thanks for reply, Would you say it makes the seat comfortable? And the $50million question if you knew then, what you knew now, would you still buy it?

No, I wouldnt buy it. The sargent seat has a sort of bowl that keeps my arse in place and stops me rolling forward onto my nuts. The sheepskin, while very soft and comfortable, reduces the depth of the bowl and therefore it's effectiveness.

That doesnt mean it wouldnt help you. For 25 quid it might be worth trying it.

Trip

Trip said:
No, I wouldnt buy it. The sargent seat has a sort of bowl that keeps my arse in place and stops me rolling forward onto my nuts. The sheepskin, while very soft and comfortable, reduces the depth of the bowl and therefore it's effectiveness.

That doesnt mean it wouldnt help you. For 25 quid it might be worth trying it.

Trip

Sadly they appear not to be trading at the moment!!!!
Now? what disgruntled ex-customer of theirs may have one for sale?!!! :D

I got my sheepskin from alaskaleather.com great service, speedy shipping, and makes my 1150ADV comfy enough for a whole day rocking round the mountains. I'd definitely buy another one. No question. I believe they used to do discount for UKGSERS too...

check out www.alaskaleather.com

Ianran,

Get along to a horse tack supply place. They doo sheepskin saddle savers of various types and shapes ( if you think about it a horse saddle is a lot harder than a bike's ) They also do a gel type. My sheepskin was about £25 if I remember.

I just placed it on the seat and tucked the front in near the tank. When off I just rolled it up £ stowed it in me ruck sack or tank bag.

I ncidentally I changed it when I got an Airhawk as a prezzie,

H6

ianran said:
Sadly they appear not to be trading at the moment!!!!
Now? what disgruntled ex-customer of theirs may have one for sale?!!! :D

What makes you think they're not trading? They delivered mine about a week ago and the website's still there. Try mike@sheepseat.co.uk.

I've actually lent mine to a friend to see if he likes it. If he doesnt you're welcome to it.

Trip

Trip said:
What makes you think they're not trading? They delivered mine about a week ago and the website's still there. Try mike@sheepseat.co.uk.

I've actually lent mine to a friend to see if he likes it. If he doesnt you're welcome to it.

Trip
Gawd bless ee guv n no mistake!!

Back
Top Bottom