GSA screen on GS! getting cheaper !!!!!

The Burpster

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just tried the GSA yesterday. Soggy, didnt like the tyres, and seems taller than my GS. I'm not in the market for one so its ok that it didnt win my heart.

I was major impressed by the screen tho', so much so that it reduced the pressure on my neck by such a margin, riding it was enjoyable..... So whilst I was having a play I thought.... "you know what this experience is worth the 350 vouchers to buy this!" so when I got back I compared the two bikes side by side with teh parts man and we worked out what parts I needed.... Duly ordered them and the bill came to £281.... BONUS!

BM appeared to have dropped the pricing and this made me smile even more, even the parts man at Pidcocks was surprised. £110 for the screen £103 for the support bar and then the sundries (+VAT of course).

Will post the update when the bits turn up next week!

:bounce1

Just been to Pidcocks for a first service and looking at the GSA.
Looks like a good idea, so keep us posted. Off on Thursday to the Sachsenring for the moto gp, so I should be ready for a new screen by the time I get back after 1500 miles!

Keep up the good work. :beerjug:

118118 said:
Off on Thursday to the Sachsenring for the moto gp, so I should be ready for a new screen by the time I get back after 1500 miles!
QUOTE]

now there's a coincidence - Hull-Rotterdam Thursday night??

Crash Bar extensions

Matkat had a very nice set of crash bar extensions on his 1200 at the Hog Raost. Gives the bike the 'Adventure' look without the bulk IMHO, and would look excellent with the bigger screen :thumb

Well here goes!

I think I have attached two pics of the new bits..... we'll see....

Attachments

• SSCN0564.JPG
    SSCN0564.JPG
    12.6 KB · Views: 500
  • SSCN0564.JPG
    SSCN0564.JPG
    12.6 KB · Views: 403
Hummmmmmn, thats poo!

If a moderator (or someonne that knows what they are doing)wants to contact me Thats not really what I wanted to do....... Hope you can see it..... If I can get proper pics on (with some help) I will do. Any hoo Part nos required are as follows

1x46637703196 screen
1x46637694395 support (screen brace)
1x46637653077 support plate (little black plaggie thingy)
1x46637653078 --------"------------- other side!
2x46627684546 Bolt (for new top mounting)
2x46637670459 screen bush
2x46612308549 washer

Should come to about £265.... not so bad now eh? If you compare that to £100+ for Wunderlich or Touratech and then another £30 for a GPS mount.

You have to be a bt careful wiht the mirror stems on the rear edge of the screen if you have played with the bars, but I have just cranked it forward and its ace. Nice big quiet pocket of steady air for your head......

Now shall I try those dinky little deflectors that go below next?

:bounc :bounce1 :bounce1

See if these are better!

I've up'd the res. of the pics to attach...... hope these are bigger. I would still like to out decent pics in the main body of this post..... Anyone help please?

Bob.

Attachments

• SSCN0567.JPG
    SSCN0567.JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 894
  • SSCN0566.JPG
    SSCN0566.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 882
Do you loose the adjustment on the screen??

attachment.php

attachment.php

The GSA Screen

I must say, it looks pretty good. Now is it really that much better than the standard one? I'll check the price here in euros - it could make a good Christmas present to myself - always a problem.

Two things......

Firstly inanswer to above..... you still have adjustment as you would with teh Adv. Not much but enough!

As for does it make a difference.....? Oh hell yes!!!!!! Try an GS Adv and you'll see what I mean. 80mph and very little noise, NO buffeting and can hold head sideways gazing at scenary without having head ripped off!

Thats me 6'1" 100kgs Arai Tour-X. hope it works for you! Costs the same as a new lid now, so that seems fair to me.......

Irf you want to know what mods I've done to my Arai as well see the thread in "equipment and toys"....

:thumb

bob.

Burpster - I've bought all the bits on your parts list - before I take the old screen off I just want to make sure that your list is comprehensive and that I won't get nearly there only to be missing something . Anything else I need ?

Without your post my dealer would not have had a clue what parts to order so thanks for your help.

I'm impressed......

Alex... all you need now is a suitible torx driver and 10mm ringspnner (to undo teh nut on the inside of the original black knobbed screw) and around 20 mins to do it.

Use original bolts/nuts and plastic bushes to mount the bottom of the front, copy the layout to mount the support bar to the top holes. use the new serated bushes with teh bar at the top, big plastic washer between support bar and screen and old knob and top hats to do it all up......

When you go in to pick it up look at a GSA just to make sure you know how it goes.

Enjoy.....! :thumb

Thanks for the parts list

The BMW man quickly calculated 332€ for the bits - a fair saving on the UK price. He also suggested the little deflectors would be worth fitting at the same time - BUT they must have the support plate underneath. I'll switch over to the other thread on this subject.

Speak to Jamie at Piddies

118, once you have tried the GSA if you like it speak to Jamie in the parts dept. He will have the parts numbers to hand on my account.

Bob. :bounce1 :bounce1 :bounce1

US Price

FYI, Cost of all the parts from Chicago BMW (always a good discount), including delivery, is $368.04. ...now I just have to wait a few weeks since Chicago BMW is also very slow to ship. Thanks for all the good info on the thread.

Back
Top Bottom