1150 owners try this :)

snoopy

I've just made the best mod I've tried yet on the 1150. It's boosted power and torque and made the bike noticeably lighter and better balanced. Did some green laning and felt just like a 1200. Bliss. :)

Did I fit a Y-Pipe?

Naw, I'd done that before, fuel consumption went up, torque was down and top end was iffy. Got rid of it.

Did I fit a power commander?

Naw, what's the point. I'd rather stick with stock technology than a crap hack.

Did I remove the exhaust but keep the CAT?

You bet. Now go try it. It's just brilliant. Lovely sounding without the obnoxious thumping and backfiring. I won't be fitting it any time soon :cool:

Ah yes and I'm looking for a small after-pipe to finish of the open pipe; something chromed or stainless - any ideas?

was it Den that did summit like this,or the Carbon fella,coolcarbon?Me cant remember............ :confused: and noone is any wiser. :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :censor::censor::censor::censor:ing hell friday night watching some celebs on a horse .

Zoton said:
was it Den that did summit like this,or the Carbon fella,coolcarbon?Me cant remember

Coolcarbon - posted some pictures of the small neat flip out pipe mounted onto the cat :thumb

It's just bloody ace, just come back from a quick 20min green laning and it's just...... ace :thumb :thumb :thumb

Coolcarbon - invalid username :(

Steptoe said:
Coolcarbon - posted some pictures of the small neat flip out pipe mounted onto the cat :thumb

More pictures on his website at www.coolcarbon.net

Stubby-005.jpg

Hmmm.... that's a bit at odds with wot I found. Best result (by the seat of the pants) was Y-piece and std. can with the 'Steptoe link'. Removing only the can seemed to make no difference.

Horses for courses, I suppose.

Littleredrooster, the power isn't much different. I've noticed the flat spot at 5k's is not as noticeable. I believe its the removal of weight on one side with a high center of gravity that's made the impression. The CAT being so low didn't make any noticeable difference when removed.

Emailed the guy cheers Steve.

Summat very funny going on if the Y-peice did that to your machine. :nenau

Anyone know where can I get me one of these "stubby pipe" things..... or do you just bend whats left after you take the can off?

There ain't nothing left when you take the can off - try it and see!

Steve, I checked headers and I get the same. Cheers big ears!

<iframe frameborder="1" height="800" scrolling="auto" src="http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41004" width="900"></iframe>

did this to mine this morning just out of curiosity and im supprised by how much better the bike feels and just by how quiet it is. ive just put a crome slash cut tail pipe on it for now and it looks quite cool :thumb
over the winter i will strip the GS down and give it some VA VA VOOM :eek:
and make up a more funky end pipe :D

3 weeks in and this bike has made me do somthing no other has :) get up a 6am :eek: on a sunday and go for a blatt ,IT ROCKS :cool:

Just a word of warning...

If you have done this mod, DON'T stall if your in a ford that is over the height of the exit pipe....Bad things happen. ;) :D :eek

finglonga said:
Just a word of warning...

If you have done this mod, DON'T stall if your in a ford that is over the height of the exit pipe....Bad things happen. ;) :D :eek

:eek: :eek: :D :D :D good point :bow :thumb

Back
Top Bottom