Halewood best route in..............

Onahi

The Equalizer
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all,
Can anyone tell me, Whats the best route into Halewood coming north up the M6?
Cheers in advance
Nige

I`d avoid Runcorn and the bridge.

Probably best to stay on the M6 until Junction 21a then take the M62 West to Junction 6.
Then A5300 into Halewood.

cheers invicta,
I have studied the maps, gps and autoroutes, but , the way that looks like the best, also looks like agro, runcorn tunnel ect. or do i stay on the M6 and come of past on the M62? Just thought a local could give me some human tips on where to stay away from.

tarka said:
I`d avoid Runcorn and the bridge.

Probably best to stay on the M6 until Junction 21a then take the M62 West to Junction 6.
Then A5300 into Halewood.

There you go, :thumb just what i was after

Cheers Tarka :beerjug:

If it isn't during the rush hour you shouldn't have problems on the Runcorn Bridge, so you could take the M6, then onto the M56 for Chester and come off at either the A56 (Junc 11) and head towards Warrington and turning left at the roudabout for Runcorn and Widnes, or take the next junction off Frodsham/ Runcorn (Junc 12) and head to the bridge that way.

Straight over the bridge heading toward Liverpool. You can't miss Halewood!

It's far quicker on the bike!!

I use the bridge daily and, apart from rush hour, it generally flows pretty well.

Im back now (Essex) I did go up the M6 then left on the M62, then south on the A5300, straight into Halewood, had a good night out with my dad and my uncle, then rode back the following day. Halewood to Chelmsford 3 hours 10 mins :thumb
The M6 toll is £2.50 for a motorcycle :spitfire

Kenny said:
Lock yer bike up well :thumb

I had my Disc lock and Oxford Monster fitted and alarm on movement sensor. but i was still a bit worried :D

be carefull a was at speke airport last week

he only got out to take a leak !!

Attachments

• speke airport.gif
    speke airport.gif
    60.9 KB · Views: 86
Kenny said:
My uncle lives in Poulton Close, Halewood, top bloke :thumb

My Uncle lives in Chudley close, in Halewood, he is a top scouser, and when he comes down south, my mates love to go on the sherbert with him, a real character :D If my old man had not come to Essex all them years ago, id have the scouse accent now :thumb

I think it was Bernard Manning who said that he goes to Liverpool once a year-to visit his hubcaps!

Back
Top Bottom