Our other bikes section

"What is it AL?" -- It's a Hardly Dawdleson XL1200R Sportster, I'm about to get the Stage 1 engine tune on it to make it a bit quicker. Having said that it was plenty fast enought to keep up with my mates Thunderbird Sport around Scotland last week. I also intend to fit some IKON shocks, as the standard ones bottom out too easily with my gargantuan weight. Overall a very nice bike, sort of like a miniture version of my old FXDX Superglide Sport.

Not easy to get these images right, but here goes :cool:

Where's your lot Magny Fartnet? :D

Attachments

• Triumph.jpg
    Triumph.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 306
Still can't get rid of it...

... and I will, very soon, be collecting it from hibernation in Jez's garage and hopefully get some late season track days lined up... :thumb

Attachments

• SueBike.jpg
    SueBike.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 231
My dear old Nellie...
still my 1st choice for holiday tours, carries a HUGE amount of luggage and still goes (as much as any old Guzzi does :p ), stops and handles.
also blows minds of people i meet on tour that say something to the effect of "you rode THAT from Ireland to HERE?!.... and you reckon it'll get you home TOO!!!?" :D
~~
Og

Attachments

• editPic110a.JPG
    editPic110a.JPG
    100.3 KB · Views: 213
Last edited:
Jaysus !

Room 101 said:
Still can't get rid of it...

... and I will, very soon, be collecting it from hibernation in Jez's garage and hopefully get some late season track days lined up... :thumb

Your a GIRL !

Not actually mine .... yet !

But I rode it for a year when the owner was diagnosed with epilepsy; top fun above certain revs :eek:

Attachments

• CX650Turbo.jpg
    CX650Turbo.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 198
My new bike ... haven't actually got my sticky mits on it yet. Tomorrow ... is there a "drool" smiley? There should be.

67_12.JPG

Mouse said:
My new bike ... haven't actually got my sticky mits on it yet. Tomorrow ... is there a "drool" smiley? There should be.

67_12.JPG

Haaaaack- sputt :(

Enjoy it matey, hope it's everything you want it to be, and health to ride :thumb

Mouse said:
Are you "Haack sputt"-ing at my new baby? :D

Hey, it rides nice, and at 2 grand cheaper than an equivalent 1200, I'm prepared to give it a fair try :)

What's equivalent? :nenau (knowing feck all about KTM's)

Not having a poke, but I'm not fussed on the KTM Adventures. Kinda like the supermotos, mind :thumb

Wizard said:
What's equivalent? :nenau (knowing feck all about KTM's)

Not having a poke, but I'm not fussed on the KTM Adventures. Kinda like the supermotos, mind :thumb

I just meant similar age and mileage.

No offence taken, different bikes for different people. And make no mistake, the R1200GS is a fantastic bike, I didn't get rid of mine by choice. But I decided to try something that's meant to be a little more capable off road, and see how I get along with it. Some of the off road riding I was doing was stretching the GS to its limits (or maybe I'm not skillful enough to pull it off on that bike) and I was worried about the potential costs if something like the FD failed out of warranty. The KTM has the advantage that it uses more "traditional" technology, more suited to the home mechanic.

But this a debate that's been played out time and again on these forums and others! I still have a GS (650 - well it's Clare's but she lets me ride it if I'm nice to her) and I would love to own another boxer in the future when funds allow :)

:thumb

I'm looking forward to trying my wee DR out offroad. Then I'm looking forward to getting a new GS and not taking it offroad :D

Back
Top Bottom