starcom and Motorola V3i phone

Andy Mitchell

Have just ordered a StarCom (Kit C) bike to bike set up for my 1150 GS Ad. Seem a good company to deal with but I'm amazed that they can not supply a connector to enable me to connect my Motorola Raza V31 phone. Seems the only way is to buy their bluetooth device but its £89! Anyone got a sollution/ anyone made a lead up themselves? They will supply the cable into the StCom - just wondering if I can adapt a handsfree.

I have the starcom bluetooth module that is surplus to requirements, it won't work properly with my autocom system despite being told by someone that it would that it would.

Unfortunately the starcom bluetooth has to be re-pared with the autocom every time the ignition is switched on so its no good. This problem doesn't arise if you already have the starcom system.

If you can't sort out a lead etc, I would be happy to receive a reasonable offer for the item before I wang it on ebay. It will connect to the razer V3 'cos thats what I've got & it works fine.

Let me know if you are interested.

I have a V3i and had to by a lead to fit my autocom system. Maybe if you post a photo of the connection needed i can see if the one i got from a maplin type supplier will work for you. I think its a 3.5mm jack that comes off the v3i unit thats the female 3.5mm.

Cheers! I might be interested. I only ordered my StarCom yesterday so it should be shipped to me next week and I'll have it running by the weekend I hope. Having some bad luck at the moment as my phone crashed again and I'm fed up of reinstalling the software. Just dropped it off at Carphone warehouse who will upload the latest software and I can collect tomorrow! I'll let you know whne I've got everything set up and/or I get anywahere with a lead.

Great! I will when I get my system which should be early next week.

Your Bluetooth device

chrisB said:
I have the starcom bluetooth module that is surplus to requirements, it won't work properly with my autocom system despite being told by someone that it would that it would.

Unfortunately the starcom bluetooth has to be re-pared with the autocom every time the ignition is switched on so its no good. This problem doesn't arise if you already have the starcom system.

If you can't sort out a lead etc, I would be happy to receive a reasonable offer for the item before I wang it on ebay. It will connect to the razer V3 'cos thats what I've got & it works fine.

Let me know if you are interested.

Have got my system now and it works! Tried it out in the tank bag and need to sort where to stick it under the saddle bearing in mind I already have an alarm under there. I'm intersted in your blue tooth device. Can you send me a number and I'll call you? - Andy

Andy,
Give me a call on 0113 2553191, if I'm not in leave a message with a contact number & i'll get back 2 U.
Chris

chrisB said:
Andy,
Give me a call on 0113 2553191, if I'm not in leave a message with a contact number & i'll get back 2 U.
Chris
Thanks Chris. blue tooth gizmo works a treat. Whole StarCom system now up and running and seems to be the buisness. Good to meet you and have a good trip. Sorry couldn't PM you probbaly causE I haven't joined as a sponsor yet Must do - Andy

Back
Top Bottom