Arai Maverick - any good ??

Gecko

Reaction score
Got a deal on an Arai Maverick for Euro 245 (GBP 175) . Anyone use this lid and are they any good ? What are they like for noise and misting up ?
Cheers
Gecko

Attachments

• maverickttitgr.gif
    maverickttitgr.gif
    12.6 KB · Views: 2,231
maverick

I thought this model was not made anymore; check the date stamp on the inside of the strap. Five year warranty on the Aria, but they say that they continue to cure from the date made, and they only like a five-year optimum use of a lid.

Les

Cheers Les, this may explain the knock down price.
I haven't heard about helmets continueing to cure before. I have ridden with the same lid (Shoei) for years but I figured it was time to treat my self to something less smelly :D

yes it will mist up,fog city hyper-optic works well plus their also light reactive.as for noise its an arai so it will be.

most noise I've ever had in an Arai (it's my 3rd); doesn't fog; very comfy to wear;too much "tunnelvision"

Gecko said:
Cheers Les, this may explain the knock down price.
I haven't heard about helmets continueing to cure before. I have ridden with the same lid (Shoei) for years but I figured it was time to treat my self to something less smelly :D

Cured !!....Chr**st I did nt know it was even sick ...hey I like the prices though

An Arai Maverick / T is listed as a current helmet in Phoenix Distributions 2003 catalogue. Two colours listed Pearl Black or Silver, both 289.99GBP !

Rod

After checking aorund further I have grabbed this one at the knock down price. It's a good looking lid and fits my head and wallet well :D As to being a few years old - I can live with that , to me it's brand new - straight from the dealer in the box . I did read the chin strap label and it says the lid has a 5 year warranty from date of manufacture and resommendtion to not use it 5 years from 1st useage . This sounds a lot like Arai trying to drum up repeat sales to me.

Thanks for the feedback folks - I'll go and hunt down a fog city once I see how it performs for a while......just need to get a nice paint job now :p

Back
Top Bottom