DR650..... who, what, where, when and why?

TUNED IN said:
Kyle just got a DR 600 sorted for himself on Sunday.. maybe you two can play together :D

Have you not noticed that I don't play well with others :mmmm

ChrisKelley said:
Last time I saw mine it had been supermoto'd and was a right rust-bucket.

Here she is still loved and cared for:

Identical to mine :thumb

Mine is a bit snatchy at very low revs, I've set everything up..mixture,valve clearances etc but am wondering if it's the Dynojet affecting low speed running, so may change back to standard jets. When it's on the throttle it's fine.
Any ideas?

timolgra said:
Identical to mine :thumb

Mine is a bit snatchy at very low revs, I've set everything up..mixture,valve clearances etc but am wondering if it's the Dynojet affecting low speed running, so may change back to standard jets. When it's on the throttle it's fine.
Any ideas?

Mine was totally stock except lower gearing (rear sprocket) for trail-riding and always seemed dead-smooth compared to my KLX 650..

:nenau

Tim/Chris,

what gearing did yez change to, and how badly did it effect road speed? Not terribly much I'd imagine, but what do I know, I've never done it before :nenau

My memory ain't all it could be but I think I went up 2 teeth on the rear sprocket and could keep the stock chain length.....

...and speed was barely affected, as above 70 it was hard to hang on...

:nenau

Nostalgia Fest:

Pictures down off the wall and scanned:

Cambrian 97 ...I think - Looking good although very slow.... :rob

Attachments

• CambrianDR650~97a.jpg
    CambrianDR650~97a.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 107
Standard gearing and it pulls through 95 and more, I went up 4 teeth on the rear and it's still ok for 75+

Lookin !

kyle said:
nope sory didnt work out. :(
good luck wi yours wiz :thumb

I,M Kinda sorta Lookin a light un as well.
Since youse Boys Came down here and took me out tey Play in the Hill
I have been Lookin.
Just goin on Sat tey Look at a F650 , boys lookin £1600 GBP
Shes a 96 , 20 K ish miles ,
Whadday think ?

Fuel range

That old 20 litre tank will keep you going for a very long way - this was my Morocco set-up, and I almost never needed the jerry.

Paul G
The other

Attachments

• Jerry carrier6.jpg
    Jerry carrier6.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 71
The Other PaulG said:
That old 20 litre tank will keep you going for a very long way - this was my Morocco set-up, and I almost never needed the jerry.

Paul G
The other

It's a 13.5L tank on the DR :nenau

Back
Top Bottom