Garmin Zumo

Dan44

Hello everybody
In advance,sorry for my english
Do you have somes news about the new model from Garmin,called ZUMO.
May be it's more simply that the 2820,with LEFT hand command(good idea),have you an idea about the price and delivery time?
Many thanks for your answers
Regards
Dan

I saw it at the MotoGP race during its premiere launch at Monterey. It has some useful motorcycle features (including BT, fuel gauge, MP3 playback, SD slot) but I opted for a 2720 upgrade (from my 2610) instead of waiting for the Zumo. It does not have the same form factor as the 26xx/27xx/28xx units of course. I believe it will launch near the end of the year, October/November.

Thanks for the link.
So,now i hesitate between the 2820 and zumo.May be the 2820 is more strong construction and more prouved tecnical because he is born of 2720 "father" very aknoledged model without problems.

Has anybody else noticed that GPS Warehouse is taking pre-orders for the Garmin Zumo with full Euro mapping for £580? I have to admit that when I first took a look at the Zumo on the Garmin website and saw it priced at $1076 I assumed it would probably go for around the same figure in pounds sterling in the UK. Surprising. But good.

That's the 500 version with UK and Ireland maps only. The more expensive 550 has full Euro maps.

The zumo and the tomtom rider europe are very egal if i read the caracteristiques,when i phone to touratech in france,the boss said to me that i had some returns of tomtom,he think that this gps is not good for the of-road travel.What do think about?have you some experience in this?he suggest to me the garmin 276c,he think that it's the better choice.I'm afraid that the 276c it's too complicated to use.
Thank for your answer
Dan

Dan44 said:
The zumo and the tomtom rider europe are very egal if i read the caracteristiques,when i phone to touratech in france,the boss said to me that i had some returns of tomtom,he think that this gps is not good for the of-road travel.What do think about?have you some experience in this?he suggest to me the garmin 276c,he think that it's the better choice.I'm afraid that the 276c it's too complicated to use.
Thank for your answer
Dan
First and most important; The 276C is as easy to use as any other Garmin GPS. No big difference.

Second and also important; For offroad and small road usage the 276C and the 60Cx have a suitable set of features that makes them prefered choises for that application. But also the Street Pilot and the Quest models will do a good job on all kinds of roads.

Third and still important; TomTom is worthless for offroad use!

We still don't know exactly what will be in the Zumo but there are several reasons for assuming that it will be a great device for most bikers.

I’d agree with HMR, the 276c is as easy to use as any other Garmin GPS, if you can’t use a 276c, you probably can’t use any other GPS ether…

As for the Zumo, It’s priced much lower than I expected really, but as Garmin maybe realise, if it doesn’t compete with the TomTom Rider on price, it simply won’t sell :rob

My advice to anyone looking for a replacement GPS, but not in urgent need, would be to wait for a Zumo early next Spring with v9 mapping on DVD :thumb

Thanks for your answers
I placed my order today for a 276C prepared by touratech,with auto (car) kit include city (version 8)for europe.I hope that i make the good choice.
I will be tested next month in portugal trip (8 or 10 days)It's a good way to learn to use in off-road.

Dan, I would use your new GPs as much as you can before your holiday (that goes for any GPS), create some routes and waypoints on the PC, upload them to the GPs and try it all out.

Have a good trip!

Hi,
I receive today my 276c with auto kit from touratech,SURPRISE:the garmin notice is in german (like chinese for me)i think that i will be "operationnel" in somes weeks with this notice,if somebody have one in French,i would like buy it or make a copy and return (at my charge,of course).
Thanks in advance
Dan

Dan44 said:
Hi,
I receive today my 276c with auto kit from touratech,SURPRISE:the garmin notice is in german (like chinese for me)i think that i will be "operationnel" in somes weeks with this notice,if somebody have one in French,i would like buy it or make a copy and return (at my charge,of course).
Thanks in advance
Dan
Dan, I took a look at the Garmin France site but it seems that the facility to download manuals isn't working at the moment. If you can get by with the English version of the manual, then you can download that from here

Another place you may try is the GpsPasSion Forums which have both French and English languange forums. Maybe someone on there will be able to send you a copy of the manual in French?

Thanks:now i have in french,some one send to me in PDF,perfect and he send me also the map source in french.
Dan

Bluetooth text messaging facility on GPS

Tom Tom Rider has this text messaging facility which is extremely useful to read and send text messages from its display screen by way of touch screen. It also alerts you of incoming messages. With your bluetooth mobile enabled, you would NOT need to open your jacket pocket and remove your mobile just to read and send text messages as I have successfully tried a friend's Tom Tom Rider by composing and sending a message from its touch screen.

However, I wonder if Garmin Zumo has this same facility. I prefer Garmin for its more robust build and reliability but would be pleased to hear from any Zumo owners if they have tried this text messaging facility on Zumo. I want to be able to keep in touch with my deaf motorcycle riders should we go separate ways!

Back
Top Bottom