Hooge moment on the way home from Cressage

Mutley

Reaction score
So I wait and wait for Chris to get his stuff together (he forgot his truss and the barmaid had to run out with it :eek: ) then he tells me to tag on the back of DD's group when we leave. Hurt and alone I ride away, a tear in my eye :ymca

100 yds down the road I realise that I've left the vents on my sleeves open and it's a tad chilly. As I reached the group I managed to zip up the right one no problem. By the time I was fiddling with the left one we were out in the sticks, pitch black and wet roads.

I dropped back from the group as I zipped up the vent due to taking my hand off the throttle. All sorted now I accelerated back towards the tail end of the group. I didn't grab a handfull due to the weather conditions, however my tyres must still have been cold or there may have been mud or deisel on the road.

The next thing I know the back end is spinning and coming round to the right, and I'm heading for the ditch :eek I realised that the others didn't know I was there and were rapidly dissappearing over the hill. I gently throttled off looking for some grip and the bike went into the biggest tank slapper I think I've ever had in 25 years on a bike :eek: Somehow I got it back under control by doing all the things you feel you shouldn't - keep the power on and hold the bars loosely :yikes :yikes :yikes :yikes :yikes :yikes :yikes

Now there's plenty of you out there who will pass comment on my zip fiddling whilst riding ( :sleep ) especially at night in the rain, but let's face it we've all done similar things. What I wanted to point out was this:

1. The reason I feel that I was able to control what was a potential very serious situation was because I used some recently aquired skills from my well publicised off road exploits :cool:

2. What a fantastic bike the GS is, most other bikes would have just high sided me into the bushes :(

So get out there and become a Dakar God just like me ;)

New underpants please :eek: :eek: :eek :mmmm

Its great to see that what you've learnt in training can actually be put into practice when required...

I often wonder if I'd have the piece of mind, within that split second, to remind myself not to do that... 'Oh S**t' reaction... :eek:

Well done for loosening the grip on the bars... :thumb

I think the loosening of other areas is a given considering the latter... :confused: :mmmm

Thats the last time i let you go out alone after 9 oclock young man :D

Those roads are really bad in the dry and in the day time Mutter's. They are used very heavily by tractors and the likes. I remember seeing all that shit over the entire road. There were a few moments I had last night on the TKCs :eek: There is also the risk of hitting Badgers, deer and Foxes too. I must admit it does get me a wee bit paranoid. There have been plenty of unfortunate deer and badgers which have been victims of people travelling to fast on roads around my home at night :(

Glad to hear you held it together tough guy. There is a lesson in there somewhere.............................................nope can't find it :D :D :D

Well feckin Bambi doesn't want to walk out in front of me when there's a cold beer in my fridge :beerjug:

Well feckin Bambi doesn't want to walk out in front of me when there's a cold beer in my fridge

Feck me Vern with the deer poplulation on red alert and the cockroach poplulation running in fear of after shave and a lighter racing event I think its safe to say your not much of an animal lover...........as such :)

The last time I came back from Cressage I had Alena on the back and it was dark, we hit a fox and were lucky to stay on. We only glanced it with the back wheel but it was enough to send the sphincter into an involuntary spasm! :eek:

Twas indeed a little slippy in places, should have learnt by now that drain covers do not provide grip. Apart from that, a good night out thanks lads and lasses.

redcastle said:
Feck me Vern with the deer poplulation on red alert and the cockroach poplulation running in fear of after shave and a lighter racing event I think its safe to say your not much of an animal lover...........as such :)

I love animals,they're delicious :thumb

Mick O'Malley said:
Fixed.

With apologies to Ace Ventura. :clap

Regards, Mick

I thought we were keeping that between us.Do you want me to tell them about you and the Llama :rolleyes:

WERE NOT WORTHY..

Mutters, dude your now a supermoto god. well done but next time just put the inside foot firmly on the floor, push down a little and pin it. Its then just a matter of moving the upper body left and right to keep it centred, oh and don't forget to steer into the slide. Its easy, do it all the time on the KTM. Havent quite tryed it on the 12adv yet but i'm putting that down to not having my NI contrabutions topped up after the "BIG Getoff of 04" but anywho next time try that and e-mail me how you got on (you can e-mail from most hospital beds these days)
In all honestly well done chap, the offroading will have helped as it teaches you to relax when things are out of line. I'm of the belief it should be part of basic motorcycle training. Theres a blade owner in a bad way in telford at the mo because after speed testing it down the A49 towards Bridgenorth the roundabout arrived a bit soon, He just panicked, froze and ran into the signage. not a well fellow, hope he makes it. If you guys have never been off road, go do an Ady Smith school on his ktm250's. It may save your life.

Ady Smith isn't human, I mean rolling stoppies on wet grass are impossible(unless your Ady Smith), getting the pegs down on a dirt bike is difficult (unless your Ady Smith), the man is a riding god. No Mutters your not even close before you ask!

Back
Top Bottom