The lakes / yorkshire tour this september

Bazza said:
I take it camping is definatly a 'no go' there is a good campsite in Keswick , Castlerigg farm which has good facilities and only 10 minute walk into keswick centre...... then beers, good chinese???? other than that.... loads of b&b's there but parking is really bad...... loads of dodgy southerners parking their 4x4's in any nook and cranny :) . But good night out and smart roads going every direction..... :clap

it's the only thing that i'm concern about is the Parking..
looks like B&B are on the menu but might wait until saturday before booking one..
if it's B&B then i'll look to try and get a booking for has many people has we can into the same one ..........

cheers Bazza,
would you like to jion us when we are out your ways ? :thumb

one place to stay for us all GOOD price also

ok . money side is this 3 nights £415 so if you wanted to you could stay over on the sunday night.. and make a long weekend of it you can .

so thats 41.5 each for 3 nights... i'd be happy to make a long weekend of it if anyone else did..

it sleeps 10 ...http://www.ashlackcottages.co.uk/oldbeckstone.html

please read the link... down side four people in one room ( no curries please ) two in a bed and two in bunk beds... :rolleyes:
so thats 8 people up stairs . and two down stairs on bed sofa .

the upside is we can start in same place ..saturday morning for a earlyer start and get more miles on the bikes with great views of Lakes , we can leave our stuff at the Place... :) less weight to ride around with ..

down side .i've not check yet but the is no pub close :eek:
up side if it's raining we can stay under cover with no pressure to go until rain stops.. :D

i would not look at cooking breackfeast or anything like that ...
us less other did.....

but upto you guys ..i'll try a put a list of B&B that will have bikes for that weekend...

the agenda is if we stay at a B&B do yorkshire saturday finish in Keswick.
do lakes sunday :thumb
if we stay at the place which is closer south part of the lakes ...do lakes saturday and then yorkshire Sunday in a big loop...

Thats good value a b&b double room for two nights would be much more at least £120 ...
Food would not be a problem we could get a takeaway and booze from nearest town and some Rabbit food from local pet shop for Kev the veggie :D :D :D :D

Pipster said:
Thats good value a b&b double room for two nights would be much more at least £120 ...
Food would not be a problem we could get a takeaway and booze from nearest town and some Rabbit food from local pet shop for Kev the veggie :D :D :D :D

and get some fresh Dye for his PINK shirts from the same shops.. :thumb :D

So guys i need answers whos up for this..????
remeber 4 people will be sharing the same room ,,two in bunk beds !!!
i'll ask tomorrw how close a pub is ,but pretty sure it's a few Miles away..

but please look at the site again folk :thumb

ktm525exc said:
and get some fresh Dye for his PINK shirts from the same shops.. :thumb :D

So guys i need answers whos up for this..????
remeber 4 people will be sharing the same room ,,two in bunk beds !!!
i'll ask tomorrw how close a pub is ,but pretty sure it's a few Miles away..

but please look at the site again folk :thumb

I'm happy so long as I get the 'Large double bedroom with bathroom en-suite.' - Ive got standards to keep!!

Seriously though - I'll go with this if everyone else is - but I'd prefer a B&B in close proxmity to a pub(s) and somewhere (plural) to eat! Sorry if this isnt helpful but Ive not eaten meat in years and it's clearly had an effect. :thumb I'll even look for somewhere if that will help.

(PS you can buy your own pink shirts - you don't need to express this outright jealousy on-line for everyone to see!!!! you bunch of narrow minded tossers :D :D )

KevinC said:
I'm happy so long as I get the 'Large double bedroom with bathroom en-suite.' - Ive got standards to keep!!

Seriously though - I'll go with this if everyone else is - but I'd prefer a B&B in close proxmity to a pub(s) and somewhere (plural) to eat! Sorry if this isnt helpful but Ive not eaten meat in years and it's clearly had an effect. :thumb I'll even look for somewhere if that will help.

(PS you can buy your own pink shirts - you don't need to express this outright jealousy on-line for everyone to see!!!! you bunch of narrow minded tossers :D :D )

:D :D :D :D :D
Yip Kevin ...i was 50/ 50 on it to be honest ...

i'll look for some B&Bs today but cost will be higher but closer to pubs etc...
the cottage is a nice to know . even take a peak at it if we pass close to it one day .. :thumb

Anybody hired static carawan for a weekend. What do they cost. Could we hire two for 8-10 of us?

Just a thought?

I also managed to speak to my mate earlier and get a few pointers/suggestions.

I will try to make a few calls and look at a few websites on Monday/Tues of next week. :thumb

Rushy said:
Anybody hired static carawan for a weekend. What do they cost. Could we hire two for 8-10 of us?

Just a thought?

I also managed to speak to my mate earlier and get a few pointers/suggestions.

I will try to make a few calls and look at a few websites on Monday/Tues of next week. :thumb

The cottage would be more suitable than a Caravan because of a lot more room than C,VAN.............the price of the cottage is cheaper than a B&B.........
but a B&B folk have the own space :bow
sorry had no time today to look at B&B s...........been on a working lunch :beer: :beer:

B&B expensive

Two star b&b double rooms £60 -£80 per night surely the farm is looking best option :thumb
Not fussy were I sleep sofa bed would do me,Just need to workout who has private rooms :bounce1
We need to get accomodation booked longer we leave it the harder it will be to find a group booking :)

Pipster said:
Two star b&b double rooms £60 -£80 per night surely the farm is looking best option :thumb
Not fussy were I sleep sofa bed would do me,Just need to workout who has private rooms :bounce1
We need to get accomodation booked longer we leave it the harder it will be to find a group booking :)

Ok a vote is needed ...........
If it's the cottage ...then it's done on AGE :D :D The older your bike the first choice you get :D Sorry only joking.. First to get there...!! gets choice ?
B&B try to get has many in same B&B s

So vote away please B&B or cottage (note cottage will need booking for asap)
B&B Alison & Terry :thumb or cottage :bounce1

Fecking hell......thirty one posts and you still haven`t decided where yer gonna stay.

:D :D

Back
Top Bottom