Previous owner

Bob Baker

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just by chance is a Steven Probert of Northwich Cheshire on this site or does anyone know him? The reason I ask is he was the previous owner/keeper of my GS and I wanted some info.

Bob

If you do find him, dont make yourself miserable by asking what he sold the bike to the dealer for :nono Likely it will spoil your day

How about a new section, a bit like 'where is it now/who's got it now', it would be interesting to find out how our previous models are getting on,......assuming of course they were sold with no known faults :eek:

It's abit of a long shot but anyone on this site now own my 50cc Garelli Rekord that I had back in 1980, I'd love to know how it is and if its still running well.

Oh, you've got Steve's bike. Isn't he the one who did loads of nasty offroad stuff in Germany and if I recall correctly ripped the rear of the bike off on a rather nasty rocky downhill. He managed to put the majority of the bits back together but fabricated the driveshaft from a piece of square section metal fencing that was nearby. Amazing repair job really considering the bike had been under water following its roll down the hill.

He also mentioned that he'd forgotten to fill it with oil after doing an oil change, but that the bike seemed fine after a 5 mile ride to his nearest Halfords where he topped it up with a couple of liters of their economy car oil. It wasn't rattling too badly and seemed to quieten down once the oil went in. The cheap Halfords oil doesn't cause too much smoke apparently.

One last thing was that he'd put an extra couple of bypass valves in the ABS system to ensure that when the rear brake light failed, the ABS wouldn't fail but would instead spin the servo at twice the normal speed ensuring even more braking power.

Tobers said:
Oh, you've got Steve's bike. Isn't he the one who did loads of nasty offroad stuff in Germany and if I recall correctly ripped the rear of the bike off on a rather nasty rocky downhill. He managed to put the majority of the bits back together but fabricated the driveshaft from a piece of square section metal fencing that was nearby. Amazing repair job really considering the bike had been under water following its roll down the hill.

He also mentioned that he'd forgotten to fill it with oil after doing an oil change, but that the bike seemed fine after a 5 mile ride to his nearest Halfords where he topped it up with a couple of liters of their economy car oil. It wasn't rattling too badly and seemed to quieten down once the oil went in. The cheap Halfords oil doesn't cause too much smoke apparently.

One last thing was that he'd put an extra couple of bypass valves in the ABS system to ensure that when the rear brake light failed, the ABS wouldn't fail but would instead spin the servo at twice the normal speed ensuring even more braking power.

I take it he had it resprayed after the fire then Andy. :D

He aint in trouble, the bike is great and a credit to its 1st owner. I just wondered if he still had the OE splash guard from the rear wheel (black placky thing with GS written on it that hangs off the sfaft drive) and if he still had the other half of the tool kit.

Bob

Trippy said:
It's abit of a long shot but anyone on this site now own my 50cc Garelli Rekord that I had back in 1980, I'd love to know how it is and if its still running well.

What about my 1975 Raleigh Whisp?

Back
Top Bottom