Germany/Switzerland/France holiday snaps

ebbo said:
I remember building an Airfix kit of the Fisler Storch when I was a kid, and their it is in the flesh so to speak…

Superb pictures :thumb what camera is it?

Glad you are enjoying the pics folks.

ebbo the camera is a standard D50 with the kit lense.

Re the Fisler some specs here

Some more pics:

Photo: M. Staub
fs_1.jpg

Photo: Unknown
fs_2_fi156c.jpg

Absolutely superb photos, as usual, Alte :clap :bow

I've never heard of the Auto & Technik Museum but it certainly looks like it would be worth a visit.

Thanks for brightning up a boring day in the office :beerjug:

As has already been said fantastic pictures everyone of them.

I have just come back from a trip to the Alps and stopped of in the Duetches Museum i Munich which is the largest science Museum in the world and well worth a full day. I was captivated by a plane in there built by an East German family before the Wall came down. It was made from MZ motorcycle bits. Unfortunately the poor sods were arrested the day before the planned flight and put in the clink for a year.

Here is the plane with 2 MZ engines and MZ running gear......

Germany is just such a great place. :beerjug:

HAve Fun

AndyT :cool:

Attachments

• MZ_plane2.jpg
    MZ_plane2.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 191
  • MZ_plane1.jpg
    MZ_plane1.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 184
AndyT said:
As has already been said fantastic pictures everyone of them.

I have just come back from a trip to the Alps and stopped of in the Duetches Museum i Munich which is the largest science Museum in the world and well worth a full day. I was captivated by a plane in there built by an East German family before the Wall came down. It was made from MZ motorcycle bits. Unfortunately the poor sods were arrested the day before the planned flight and put in the clink for a year.

Here is the plane with 2 MZ engines and MZ running gear......

Germany is just such a great place. :beerjug:

HAve Fun

AndyT :cool:

What an amazing story and an even more amazing plane.

Wouldn't it have been great if it had flown them to freedom :clap

Only found the thread just now............ absolutely stunning pics (I feel like I've had a holiday!)

Must have a look more closely to see where you went - fancy similar for next year, if I could fit it in.

(if I may make a slight criticism......... in today's PC, balanced world - there seemed to be distinct shortage of Allied machinery pictures :eek:)

Al :D

Blackal said:
Only found the thread just now............ absolutely stunning pics (I feel like I've had a holiday!)

Must have a look more closely to see where you went - fancy similar for next year, if I could fit it in.

(if I may make a slight criticism......... in today's PC, balanced world - there seemed to be distinct shortage of Allied machinery pictures :eek:)

Al :D

Hi Al,

Glad you enjoyed the pics, its one of the main reasons why I post pics. I love to see other folks pics of stuff that they have enjoyed too.

Re the allied machinery, ... being a German Museum most of the Militaria exhibits were from that side of the channel. It was very detailed and I have only included a small excerpt of the pics I took. I could have excluded the Wehrmacht shots entirely or tried to 'focus it' in a PC way :confused:

I just 'shot it' as I found it and make no apology for this.

To fully appreciate it I reckon it is well worth a visit though.

Cheers :beerjug:

Well done Alte, another fantastic report. :thumb I discovered Sinsheim in the late 80s and a few years later was organising coach trips there. The photo is from a 92 guidebook. To get the best you need to visit in the winter as quite a few of the exhibits are on loan and are out on the road in the summer. Havn't been for a long time now and wonder if they still have the Trains suspended on steel cables. Sinsheim and the German Museum in Munchen are have to see places. I have just returned from my annual South of France, Italy, Switzerland, Germany and Belgium trip and will post photos when the cold weather sets in :D If you are interested pm me your postal and I will send you the 92 guidebook for a read.

Attachments

• Sinsheim (Small).jpg
    Sinsheim (Small).jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 269
Noddy said:
Well done Alte, another fantastic report. :thumb I discovered Sinsheim in the late 80s and a few years later was organising coach trips there. The photo is from a 92 guidebook. To get the best you need to visit in the winter as quite a few of the exhibits are on loan and are out on the road in the summer. Havn't been for a long time now and wonder if they still have the Trains suspended on steel cables. Sinsheim and the German Museum in Munchen are have to see places. I have just returned from my annual South of France, Italy, Switzerland, Germany and Belgium trip and will post photos when the cold weather sets in :D If you are interested pm me your postal and I will send you the 92 guidebook for a read.

Hi Noddy,

Hope all is well with you and yours. Your post reminded me of a couple of pics I took at Sinsheim re trains. I can't now find the CD :rolleyes:

When I find it I will post. Quite sobering actually and fair play to the Curator/planners for displaying and explaining for visitors.

Zum Wohl :beerjug:

Noddy said:

Thanks folks, glad you are still enjoying the pics.

Just found the pics you brought to mind Noddy. Not sure if this is what you meant.

Sad story, these engines must a have pulled some of the sadest loads of all time. I have to say I found it very moving standing before these mighty engines thinking of the many families separated by them. ... At least for a while.

I like to think that they will all be together again someday though.

אומה אליל

Gods_people.jpg

The inscription on the engine.

people_of_god.jpg

:cool: Supper series of pic's and as stated by many very enjoyable.

Keep e,m comming! :beerjug: :thumb

Hi Alte, Just came across your post today.As everyone else has said fablous photo's,with a brill report. I am hoping to do some thing like that myself next year and it would be my first serious trip abroad. I was hoping you could post roughly what route you took,what sort of miles you did in a day,what were the towns you passed through. Its just to give me an idea,so that when I look at a map I can get a grasp of the route you took,how many days etc,etc so that I will have an idea of what I should be planning for.Tanx

pics; simply brilliant, :bow Thank you.
and the run / route.....making me get itchy feet / throttle hand just looking :D

oh - you might like this "yoke" :D - i found in a Slovenian museum earlier this year.
(must do up summink about that trip , wif pics and shtick it up here....sometime :rolleyes: :D )

~~
Og

Attachments

• GSedit.jpg
    GSedit.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 281
Ogmios said:
pics; simply brilliant, :bow Thank you.
and the run / route.....making me get itchy feet / throttle hand just looking :D

oh - you might like this "yoke" :D - i found in a Slovenian museum earlier this year.
(must do up summink about that trip , wif pics and shtick it up here....sometime :rolleyes: :D )

~~
Og

Hi Og,

A well worn looking Kettenrad by the looks of it ... nice :thumb

Would love to see pics of Slovenia, post them up when you get them sorted :beerjug:

Barrie said:
Alte Wolf thanks for sharing your great pix,
best from
Barrie

Thanks Barrie, glad you enjoyed :beerjug:

DaveR said:
Hi Alte, Just came across your post today.As everyone else has said fablous photo's,with a brill report. I am hoping to do some thing like that myself next year and it would be my first serious trip abroad. I was hoping you could post roughly what route you took,what sort of miles you did in a day,what were the towns you passed through. Its just to give me an idea,so that when I look at a map I can get a grasp of the route you took,how many days etc,etc so that I will have an idea of what I should be planning for.Tanx

Dave email me at deanoatukgserdotcom and I'll send you some details.

Cheers :)

brilliant.just found this thread.ive toured most of swiss/aust/fra/it/ger/bel/holland and found your pictures 100%.if i had the same bike ide nick em 4 myself :bow :bow :bow :clap :clap :clap

ash19600 said:
brilliant.just found this thread.ive toured most of swiss/aust/fra/it/ger/bel/holland and found your pictures 100%.if i had the same bike ide nick em 4 myself :bow :bow :bow :clap :clap :clap

This one still going ... glad you guys are enjoying :thumb

Back
Top Bottom