North York Moors Rideout

Room 101 said:
Nice one Fritz... you have to watch Bev with those candid shots.... ;) :D

...So do you think I should wash the bike before the Pink Way Round on Friday.... :confused: :cool: :mmmm :D

DSCN0745.jpg

Wash it! Nah GS's look better with a bit of mud on em ;)

fritz said:

Hope Richard from Goole got past the alarm probs and home safe and sound ? Sorry couldn't help more. :(

Thanks Fritz, yes the immobiliser decided to let me start the bike 5 minutes after you left :bounce1 . Ran fine after that, so it must have been a bit of water in the electrics somewhere - wonder where that came from :nenau :D

Had a great day, and though tiring, twas great fun. Nice to meet so many new folk too.

Big thanks to Richard for organising the trip :thumb

Yorks Moors Rideout

Looks like it was a good ride out.
I don't suppose anyone is thinking of organising a similar / same run again this year are they, whilst the weather is still good? :bow

fritz said:
On the way back a number of Pogo Sticks passed (would have been nicer if they'd had their fag break before rather than after they passed - real tossers :spitfire )
There was a lot of double takes by them for some reason - aren't big bikes and folks two up a common sight on trails these days :rolleyes:

James wanted to pass a message on...I thought he'd found a new mate :rolleyes:

Makes my off-road gear positively tame compared to that guy on the DRZ400 :D

I wonder if the guy on the green one got the stains out of his pants.... :eek:

I didn't hear him coming, honest.... :nenau

Looks like me and Buckles missed a great day out.The scenery ^ looked great from where Fritz was standing :D
Hope you will be organising another one soon.
No excuses for not making it, I think this pic sums up the reason quite well :D

Attachments

• Buck at Stormin.jpg
    Buck at Stormin.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 215
laughing gas said:
Looks like me and Buckles missed a great day out. Hope you will be organising another one soon.
No excuses for not making it, I think this pic sums up the reason quite well :D

:( It definately looked like a great day and I also hope you will be organising another :thumb although the ride home after stormin convinced me I had done the right thing not to get up :bash :hammer my poor head :bounce1

Heading towards Thirsk on Sunday morning the weather was not looking very promising and I quite expected a low turn out for the ride over the North Yorkshire moors, especially as a major part of the ride out was off road. However, on arrival, I was pleasantly surprised to already find a good few bikes parked up and by the time we set off, just after 9am, there were around 12 GS’s on the road.

The first section to Helmsley included several narrow twisty bends, a section of gravel track and a ford crossing as ably demonstrated by Chris Kelly and Room 101.

92944666-L.jpg

92944870-L.jpg

Tea and toilet stop in Helmsley and the bikes lined themselves up perfectly for the photo call.

92945006-L.jpg

While the guys dealt with mechanical issues.

92945142-L.jpg

The girls dwelled over holiday snaps.

92945380-L.jpg

We then headed off and soon were riding up Rudland Rigg.

As you can see we all had a bit of difficulty keeping up with Room 101

92945562-L.jpg

The look of concentration on Mezza’s face.

92946192-L.jpg

Tail end charlies.

92946584-L.jpg

A few of us ventured down the “steps” without too much drama but going back up was another story, it’s safe to say that nobody made the return journey without a great deal of assistance from the others. To make matters worse we were all put to shame when a 12 year old in jeans and no helmet appeared in the distance, nonchalantly flew up the steps without even acknowledging the useless tossers puffing and panting as we pushed the GS’s up.

Fritz and Bev doing a sterling job at the back.

92946919-L.jpg

Arriving at lunch time at the Lion Inn on Blakey Ridge we came across James Burton loitering around in the pub car park……nothing new there then.

Looks like JB has been polishing his helmet again. Is that a bald spot starting to appear?

92661575-L-1.jpg

A combination of the changeable weather, prior commitments and maybe too much steak and kidney pie in the pub resulted a somewhat lesser number tackling the afternoon sections.

Onwards we went

ST247 heading into yet another puddle.

92947278-L.jpg

And an unnamed rider trying his hardest not to get his lavendar smelling suit dirty.

92947509-L.jpg

And finally a big thanks to……Fritz for providing the route and making sure everyone got round safe and sound, Enabb for doing the reccies with me and to all those tossers who attended and made it a most enjoyable day out :thumb

Great pic,s Richard :thumb

Like I said serve,s me right for not going :D :D see you at the EM do :thumb

Richard: That's not me in the ford - I'm the leading "Tail-end Charlie"....with a blown h-lamp bulb :thumb

Couldn't have people thinking I'd strayed from the 1200.... :D

Cracking snaps :thumb

Attachments

• 92946584-L.jpg
    92946584-L.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 209
Apologies for the mistake Chris.......hands up if that's you in the ford with the non matching blue bike and red rallye 2 jacket :D

Un named rider laughing that much and trying not to fall of after watching ST go through the water fast enough to hit the tarmac in one go , but forgetting about the hairdresser in the Tegra he nearly T-boned on the bend :bow
Handy hint :mmmm , never enter another obstacle before previous rider has completly cleared , especiaaly if you want to laugh at him :eek: then you won't have to pull away in a puddle :D
Great afternoon out , first time in the proper mud , thanks Richard :clap

............................................. :thumb ................................................

Richard stevely said:
While the guys dealt with mechanical issues.
I do believe thats Bev's @rse you're reffering to... :eek: :D and thats Chris the mistery man of Blue 1150 and mega Caja Sahels fame doing a diagnostic of Mucker's (James) flashing oil light... :thumb

sorted.... :rolleyes: :D

My Dad came around to download some pics from his digital camera, so I showed him the ride thread.
I thought you'd stopped doing that he said in a most "disappointed in me" tone ..... :hapybnce:

Sorry Dad..... :eek:

James Burton said:
Un named rider laughing that much and trying not to fall of after watching ST go through the water fast enough to hit the tarmac in one go , but forgetting about the hairdresser in the Tegra he nearly T-boned on the bend :bow

I've had a stern word with myself about that :nono A great day out, cheers Richard :thumb

Now I wonder, where does the track go after the steps.......?

Back
Top Bottom