Anyone joining us for this leg?

Paul G (BHT)

Creator
Mod Squad
Solutions
Reaction score
Anyone wishing to join Lucy and myself on the Liverpool to Carlisle section please note we will be leaving Liverpool N53 28.531 W3 01.354 at 22:00 on 6th Sept and arriving at Carlisle (no GPS waypoint yet) at 03:05 on the 7th

Hoping to still - but will need start point in English please!

Not the fastest of riders though.

Davel said:
Hoping to still - but will need start point in English please!

It's:
"Shell
Crosby Road North
Waterloo, MERSEYSIDE L22 2"

On the west side of Crosby Road North, a few yards south of Back South Road.

I might be able to get there to wave goodbye...

GJ

Thanks for that.

Can none GS owners ride too? Have a mate who may be able to tag along too but on his FJR.

Davel said:
Not the fastest of riders though.
Shouldn't be a problem as it's night time and the speeds will be a sedate :)

GlynnJ said:
It's:
"Shell
Crosby Road North
Waterloo, MERSEYSIDE L22 2"

On the west side of Crosby Road North, a few yards south of Back South Road.

I might be able to get there to wave goodbye...

GJ
Thanks Glynn, English never was one of my strong points :D

Davel said:
Can none GS owners ride too? Have a mate who may be able to tag along too but on his FJR.
No problem.

Lucy and I wil be staying up North at the end of the run. So if you're riding all the way up with us, make sure you know your way home ;)

I didn't say I was sedate! :D

Did the coastal route around the lakes last Friday and it's a great road, although it will be a bit dark at the time - and you know what the lights are like on a GS :eek:

Might take the A6 home instead of the boring M6.

Will confirm soon either way.

Right - I'll meet you there and will arrive before 22.00. :thumb

Yellow & Black 1200GS!

Have a good run up! :clap

Davel said:
I didn't say I was sedate! :D

Did the coastal route around the lakes last Friday and it's a great road, although it will be a bit dark at the time - and you know what the lights are like on a GS :eek:

Might take the A6 home instead of the boring M6.

Will confirm soon either way.

watch out for deer :nenau

With my new Pink Way Round T-shirt, I may attract the wrong sort of deer! :eek:

Have just had confirmation that I will be able to join you, assuming that you'll have me that is!
Mark

earthmover said:
Have just had confirmation that I will be able to join you, assuming that you'll have me that is!
Mark

Mark, be honest. You mean your new girly has given you permission :p

Maybe she's coming as pillion....

earthmover said:
Mark
Dave/Mark, it will be great to have you along. Ring me any time on 07966 388827 (wired into the Autocom) during Wednesday and I'll let you know how we doing for time.

PG
:thumb

timolgra said:
Mark, be honest. You mean your new girly has given you permission :p

Erm, not exactly, as my new girly is now my ex-girly, so better lock up your daughter/mother/wife/granny/sheep/etc. :cool:
Actually waited for permission off my ex-wife! My lad is sixteen on the wednesday, and wanted to check what the plans are. We are going for an early meal, so I can get away for 8.30, be on the bike by 9.00, and be at Crosby in time to meet you lot! :D
Mark

What route are you takin in to Crosby Road Mark?

Are you setting off from Kelsall, as I'm probably riding in from Kingsley and we could meet up somewhere and ride in if you like.

Dave, if you want to call me on the bike phone 07794024064 any time on Wednesday I can let you know an approximate arrival time should we be running late :thumb

Paul G (BHT) said:
Dave, if you want to call me on the bike phone 07794024064 any time on Wednesday I can let you know an approximate arrival time should we be running late :thumb

Your not allowed to run late because we need to be in Inverness before the bar shuts :D :beer:

Davel said:
What route are you takin in to Crosby Road Mark?

Are you setting off from Kelsall, as I'm probably riding in from Kingsley and we could meet up somewhere and ride in if you like.

Beat me too it! Was thinking the same thing. My current plan "A" was to leave at around 9.00pm and wait at the roundabout where our intrepid travellers meet the M53, and follow them through the tunnel to the Crosby handover. Assuming everything is going to timings, I would be at the roundabout at 9.20, and they would be there shortly after.
Plan "B" was to go the same route, but to ride straight there and wait.

I have the start logged into the GPS, along with the route (assuming it is still the same) in case of any problems.

If we coordinate our efforts (sounds painful!) at least we won't both be bothering Paul while he's on the bike.
Will pm you with my mobile.
Mark

Haven't got GPS on mine.

Could meet up at around 9'ish at what was 'The Morris Dancer' in Kelsall or somewhere else along the A54 or A51 near Tarvin, if you wish and I'll follow you since you've got the route.

Not a bad idea to meet them at the M53 junction as I'm pretty useless at navigating through Liverpool city centre normally.

Anyone else coming?

Cheers

David

Davel said:
Haven't got GPS on mine.

Could meet up at around 9'ish at what was 'The Morris Dancer' in Kelsall or somewhere else along the A54 or A51 near Tarvin, if you wish and I'll follow you since you've got the route.

Not a bad idea to meet them at the M53 junction as I'm pretty useless at navigating through Liverpool city centre normally.

Anyone else coming?

Cheers

David

I am going to try to get there. Not sure if I can yet. Even if I get to the start I probably won't be able to do the full run up to Carlisle. But it's the thought that counts!

Hope to see you Wednesday.

Glynn

Back
Top Bottom