Ear monitors into Autocom?

Deleted account W

I've got an Autocom for my GPS and MP3. The 5pin DIN lead plugs into the Autocom speakers in my helmet.

If I bought in ear monitors with the litle jack plug how would they plug into the Autocom?

Do a patch lead from 5pin DIN socket to two jack sockets. Easy :thumb

Wizard said:
Do a patch lead from 5pin DIN socket to two jack sockets. Easy :thumb

Who "do" a patch lead?

Autocom? Ultimate Ear?

:nenau

schiannini said:
Autocom sell an adaptor which bypasses the helmet speakers but still keep the boom mic circuit.

It's part 25 or 26 from memory and costs around £25 :thumb

schiannini said:
I've got a spare one for a 6 pin system, but that's feck all use to you :(

How odd just looked at my leads and they're 7 pin :confused:

In which case mine is a 7 pin (I'll check this evening) and you are welcome to it if you'd like - for a small consideration of course :)

It's only been used once for testing the GreenLeopard monitors so to all intents it's brand new.

schiannini said:
In which case mine is a 7 pin (I'll check this evening) and you are welcome to it if you'd like - for a small consideration of course :)

It's only been used once for testing the GreenLeopard monitors so to all intents it's brand new.

Thanks, I could well take you up on the offer if I can get the £125 for monitors ok'd by the Grand Inquisitor I share a bed with :thumb

When I was down at the Hograost I had a chat with the guy on the Ultimateear stand and had a look at their patch lead for the Autocom, it comes with an independent volume control and just clips into the Autocom loom. Only downside was having to plug the monitors into it everytime but I suppose you would get used to it.

pic_uep_patchlead_big.jpg

From memory it was £25, they were offering a special price on the monitors but not on the patch lead.

The monitors plug into the thing with a grubby thumb on it but what do you plug the red and white bits into?

This is the one I have Whatton (and I checked it's 7 pins)

The nice thing is that you don't have to mess about with plugging/unplugging fiddly little connectors in your helmet and that if you want to use your helmet speakers without the in-ear monitors you just don't use it.

Attachments

• part-26-27-manual_Page_2.jpg
    part-26-27-manual_Page_2.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 196
Cheers schiannini, that looks like the fuss free way I want to go :thumb

Speak to:

Headset Services Ltd
Unit 5,
Shoreham Airport,
Shoreham-By-Sea,
West Sussex,
BN43 5FF

01273 234 181

They will produce for you a patch lead with an appropriate attenuator and a military standard Nexus plug/socket for your monitors.

Greg

Back
Top Bottom