Which hugger?

Eastriding2002

Reaction score
Any owners of the 1200GS have a hugger fitted, if so which make?

What was the price, what is the quality and fit like, any problems since fitted?

cheers

Andy T

Recently fitted the new Touratech hugger from Nippy Normans. It cost about £148, but it does a good job and looks like an original BM part (looks good). :thumb

As said ...DO NOT use Pyramid, just got mony back new re long hugger for the 1200GS :nono

To say it did not fit was an under statement, it was total :tosser

Buy the carbon fibre one from Sandbar Composites, £165 delivered and a real quality piece of kit. It's the same as the Wunderlich and the Ilmberger (it's even got the Ilmberger label on!), but cheaper.

I had two Motorrad Concepts huggers that both rubbed on the tyre, but this is a different proposition altogether.

TT. No Question!

The new TT one from Nippy. Top spec. Does what it's paid to do. Heavy duty and fits easily and looks top.

Anything else is neither practical nor suits the bike.

Carbon fibre. On a GS? :ymca

GSXR perhaps.

IMHO! :D

Skip.

So that's £147 for a fibreglass hugger that might not arrive until after you've sold the bike..... well, it's your choice :rolleyes:

btw, I mean Touratech for delivery times, not NN :thumb

Thanks fella's,

I'd more or less discounted Pyramid from past experience.

So it will be one of the more expensive makes then. NOT in carbon fibre though! Just plain old black.

Time to look up TT / Wonderlich on t'internet.

Andy T

Just back from a 3,000 mile tour to Slovenia....

The new 'revamped' Touratech hugger cracked in two :eek:

Hope yours fairs better Shedracer

It'll be going back!

:beerjug:

Micky

www.adventure.gs

That's not so good Micky. :eek:

Have you spoken to TT about it yet?

Mines been on for about 600 miles, will keep an eye on it. I guess their just might be a TT MK 111 hugger on the drawing board soon! ;)

Can you show any pics of it?

shedracer said:
That's not so good Micky. :eek:

Have you spoken to TT about it yet?

Mines been on for about 600 miles, will keep an eye on it. I guess their just might be a TT MK 111 hugger on the drawing board soon! ;)

Can you show any pics of it?

Will get a couple of piccies on site Sunday evening... not had chance to speak to anyone about it yet... only just back home. Not good news though!

www.adventure.gs

Standard 1200GS hugger

I fitted the standard 1200GS carbon fibre hugger for 99 quid and works like a charm

Revamped Touratech hugger....

I fitted the revamped Touratech hugger, it cracked and broke :eek:

So I've taken it off, to be returned, and it's made an awful mess of of my drive shaft etc. :nono

Not much point in fitting another, for it to break again... so I'm left with a scratched and forlorn swing arm.... and mucky pants again!

Ah well, I'll be getting the F650 Dakar out again :bounce1

www.adventure.gs

Attachments

• TT Hugger - 1.jpg
    TT Hugger - 1.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 534
Another piccie....

Attachments

• TT Hugger-2.jpg
    TT Hugger-2.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 539