Any plans before the weather geta bad?

Berin

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Recently got me bike and joined up here - wondered if there were any meets planned soon - especially keen to see what panniers people are using, looking for someone with a set in the Henley/Reading/Oxford area that wouldn't mind me having a gander - be nice to see them in the flesh, as it were,

Any offers?

thanks,

Martin

msgs1200 said:
Before the weather gets bad
Hey, the gnarly rock hard denizens of this site aren't fair weather riders. :mmmm

msgs1200 said:
wondered if there were any meets planned soon - especially keen to see what panniers people are using.
Why not pootle down here, it's only around the corner from you, there'll be more panniers (and bullshit :D ) than you can shake a stick at.

Regards, Mick :beerjug:

Mick O'Malley said:
Hey, the gnarly rock hard denizens of this site aren't fair weather riders. :mmmm

Why not pootle down here, it's only around the corner from you, there'll be more panniers (and bullshit :D ) than you can shake a stick at.

Regards, Mick :beerjug:

I'll gues they are that "rock hard" that they need a list of B&B's added to the bottom of the list for Princetown :rolleyes:

You could also try the East Midlands event this weekend, you can help show you're support (and have a few beers at the same time) for the very worthwhile Pink Way Round charity ride starting Tuesday and being celebrated at the EM event (lots of riders local to you supporting this event :thumb )

Shep

Whaddaya mean - before the weather gets bad?! :D

I'm planning on being out and about all winter, tucked happily behind the fairing.

We ought to get something in the diary for October really - how about the George and Doobrie near Didcot, Clive's choice from last time? Top pub, top grub, top beer and even a welcome from the Landlord.

What do people think?

October Do ...

... I may (probably) be away in October, but if I am here I will join the Tossers again

... Today Monday 4th Sept, A418 crossing the M40 J8 westbound approx 13:15 hours, GS, Rallye suit etc ?

... I was not being rude ... I was simply enquiring if you too are a tosser? :D

I'm up for a meet, can't do weekends yet as no luggage, and the GF sits where I could usefully put a tent.
Hence an urgent need to see what other people have. Looked at the Vario stuff, which a) leaks and b) doesn't seem that strong.

I talked to a few people at the World of BMW course who said they wouldn't buy it again...

If you want to have a squizz over my set, let me know and we can meet up in Oxford after work maybe? I have a special set of TT with top box. Spend 7 hours in torrential rain up to Scotland and no leakages. Ideal for all weather riders! :thumb

Kalahari Meerkat said:
If you want to have a squizz over my set, let me know and we can meet up in Oxford after work maybe? I have a special set of TT with top box. Spend 7 hours in torrential rain up to Scotland and no leakages. Ideal for all weather riders! :thumb

thanks!

pm sent

msgs1200 said:
thanks!

pm sent

I was looking for the PM, no luck :( It seems that I need to upgrade my account before I can send/receive PM's. Rather send me an email or name a place and time you want to meet up!

Can't send you an email, not allowed!

marsmi@gmail.com - I'm in Sonning Eye, but happy to come over your way (any excuse for a ride) - either 7ish tomorrow, or failing that sometime next week?

thanks,

martin

Back
Top Bottom