Beginners Offroad day, Salisbury Plain

I've seen the piccies of the rolled HP2, we all assume that we're not going there :eek:

bugger - i'm on nights saturday night, will try and get the day/night off, if i cant will have to give it a miss again :(

Definitely be there (barring an earthquake/flood/volcanic eruption or a cold :ymca

This may be the last run the old girl gets this year as I'm hoping to install an engine from an 1100 'S', add some Ohlins and generally give the thing a damn good going over this winter. Might as well get it good and dirty before I strip it down :thumb :D

Steptoe

Are there still spaces for this offroad day?

I've only taken my GS down a greenlane twice and scared myself both times :eek:

Would I need to remove anything from the bike? (like BTBRs lights or pannier rails)

Any advice would be welcome :nenau

It's a beginers day - that whole point is that no one has any off road experience. Just turn up, no need to book, no costs, it's up to you if you want to fall off and break your bike.

But if your bike has all the usual tarts add on's, they're likely to get broken, and it'll also make it very heavy for you to pickup. :D

Steptoe said:
Date, Time & meeting location =

Sunday 8th October. 10.30 AM

Meeting point, Countess Services, at the junction of the A303 & A345 ( GPS co-ords N51 10.953 W1 47.117) .
There is a little chef type eating place at the services.

It's less than a 10 minute ride to the off road area.

I'd recommend bringing some form of packed lunch and drink. We may go for a pub lunch, but if there's a large group we may have trouble on a sunday lunch time.

Don't worry if don't know anyone, never been off road, your shy, Gay, play football, believe in god, an athiest, cat lover/hater, Muslim or Hindu, you'll all be welcome, and the wholepoint of the day is to enjoy yourself.

Any questions ? .

For those of you that havent discovered Google Maps, point your browser at maps.google.co.uk and search on 'N51 10.953 W1 47.117' (without the quotes). Flipping magic!

WindyChuffer said:
For those of you that havent discovered Google Maps, point your browser at maps.google.co.uk and search on 'N51 10.953 W1 47.117' (without the quotes). Flipping magic!

Got the co-ords a bit to the north - The services are located on the small white road running off the roundabout of the A303/A345 :confused: :rolleyes:

I'd like to give it another go if I can get the day off...Great fun last time. See you then hopefully :thumb

WindyChuffer said:

Yes, looks like the middle of a field to me, but it is an offroad day after all!

Correct co-ords for countess services, from Lord Garmin

N 51 10.662
W001 46.846 :thumb

Will be up for that
i have no OR experiance at all
is it for GSers Only as my brother is interested he has a transalp ?
i live in berkshire maybe some of us locals should meet around this area and head down for the day.

Definately not going now, after shagging my ankle up there the other day :confused:

stretch2904 said:
Ride outs ?

sorry i'm new to all this

Just turn up at the start, have some breakfast and follow the bike in front.
After about a 10 minute ride you'll be off road and spend the rest of the day on dirt.
Make sure you take plenty of water and be prepared to pick the bike up a couple of times.
If its a beginners day out everyone will be in the same boat and you will love it.

Back
Top Bottom