Leaky Panniers etc...

WindyChuffer

Reaction score
Just for fun, ring up a couple of dealers and ask them if the Vario panniers and the pannniers for the new adventure are waterproof...and i'll bet you'l get total confusion and wrong answers.

My Adventure top box leaks, and the dealer said that it is not waterproof. To which I asked what use it if it leaked and if that was the case, where are the drain holes. This was met with denial. So I reached for the GSA brochure, and pointed out that this explicitly states that they are waterproof. One bemused dealer, and one top box on order as a warranty exchange, but unfortunately on back order. Interesting to note that Metal Mule quote an IP rating (degree of waterproofing) wherease BMW dont.

So for fun I rang up a dealer, to be told quite explicitly that the Vario panniers and the GS Adventure panniers are not waterproof !!!!!

So who's up for the challenge. Everyone ring a couple of dealers, and lets name and shame those who get it wrong, and praise those who get it right. Its kind of tiring having to rely on dealers who don't know their arse from their elbow... Lets use this exercise to educate them.

I'll start it off. Vines of Guildford said GSA panniers are not waterproof, after they claimed to have spoken to BMW on the matter !!!!

Back
Top Bottom