Who's up to the challenge!!

Madmountainman

Reaction score
Just been looking at the US site at mountainbike racks for motorbikes. Anyone out there that's thought of, or done one themselves over here???

Yup

keep thinking about it, the lastest version of mine may involve using the BMW adv pannier racks to support the bike vertically across the back of the bike[ wheels removed]

it may work, it may not, but I can almost guarentee a pull from the feds when using it

Me Me Me Me Me

Ha, we used to do some work for the bikers with a disability club, and one thing most of them want is a really good method of carting a wheelchair about. Ok, so they all ride trikes (the only people who are allowed to in my books as well) but some of the engineering that goes into their wheel chair carriers is ace. I don't think it would be to hard to make push bike fit on a GS, as apposed to a wheelchair on a trike. I'll see what I can dig up this week. Doesn't Ricardo in the US have something like that?

Take a look at the nuetral service bikes on the Tour De France as thay carry up to two bikes on the back of the Beemers they use. Wheels out and fron forks and rear drop outs used as anchor points. The bike is in line with the seat and not across the bike.

Check Ricardo

Ricardo Kuhn in the US has made one that looks pretty nifty to me...

I have looked at this for ages now, not too technically minded but reckoned i could have bodged something together. Ran it by a mate who works in the training side of traffic dept in the local force. He's researched it and says there are a few problems in con and use regs that make it a non starter. He reckons yer insurance co would run a mile if you had an off and injured someone etc etc.
It would be a real novelty thing for some no life cop tosser to pull you and give it a run at court etc. You could be lucky and have one of the decent guys/gals out there but with my luck i'd get the tosser and get a ban. Not even on the back burner now so its one or the other.
ps He did mention using a trailer with the bike on that..........that would be soemthing.
Oh and before someone rants about me being anti cop etc etc....i am one so its first hand knowledge. Only a small minority but i'm not the lucky sort

Cheers for the info Dave...

my dad's been out of the game for a few years now and isn't as good at remembering road traffic law as he used to. You going to Princetown again this year??

Back
Top Bottom