Fanum's Final Ford Foray

Fanum

Toubab
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Well this is it...my last ford run........ :eek:

Thanks to Greg for some Recce info, and big thanks to St.Eptoe for sticking a new clutch cylinder on my Adv within 24 hours notice after it went pop at the start of the PWAB ride on Tuesday...Cheers Neil :thumb

The fords run will start at around 10.30 for a briefing and we'll leave the EM site shortly afterwards.

It's open to all , it'll be suitable for tourances and even two up bikes (I'll be doing it two up) and there will be ways around the wet stuff so if you want to come and watch the fun without getting wet, you can.

Having said that, I don't want the group to be too large, so if there are too many people, priority will go to those who want to do the wet stuff :)

We'll stop at a pub for lunch and we should be returning to site at around 5pm, and as normal, on our return we'll spend 5 mins checking the FD oil of all the airheads and 11xx's.....the 1200 riders can make room at the bar and get them in :thumb

We'll be using the drop off system as always, and I'll cover that and everything else properly at the briefing, so it's important to hear that if you're going.

See you Saturday morning!!!

Bill

:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

Great news Bill.. and thanks to Neil for sorting the clutch :bow

See you at the venue :beerjug: :beerjug: :beerjug:

The route is 110 miles BTW.......I'd like to make sure we don't have to faff around with fuelling etc so if you're planning to come on the ride, please please please make sure you have enough go juice in your tank to do the whole thing :thumb

Not for tossers!

:D

Greg

Attachments

• little%20lawford2mo.jpg
    little%20lawford2mo.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 319
TUNED IN said:
why last?

Because I've run a fords ride at every event bar Achill Island for the last couple of years...it normally takes a long time to set up, recce, devise a route, post pics and descriptions and so on......and I'd like to be able to go on some other people's rides for a year , 'specially the off road ones.

Cuddly Ken's right as well.....I'm unlikely to have as much time next year as well.

I'll happily pass on all the route info and so on to anyone who fancies running aride at any event next year, and I'll also be happy to ride back marker if I'm around if the leader wants me to, but this one will be the last one I run.

For a while anyway ;)

I might not actually get my feet wet (depends on what my pillion says :eek: ;) ), but count me in on your last fords ride Bill. :thumb

I'll be getting somewhat less wet than last time....... but I've still got filters & oil packed :rolleyes: :D

Wizard said:
I'll be getting somewhat less wet than last time....... but I've still got filters & oil packed :rolleyes: :D
This time I'm not going to wait for you at a junction, Red October! :hide
And Chep has to find another lost soul to rescue... :eek:
Have fun, all of you! And pleeeeeeeeeease post many wet pics here! Deep water makes the GS look better! :thumb

:) Liv.

Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .

thetoad said:
Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .Me. . .

You cannot stay upright on your own driveway, let alone doing ford crossings. ;)

BTBR said:
You cannot stay upright on your own driveway, let alone doing ford crossings. ;)

You think you're clever just because your Ford has four wheels :mmmm Get a bike before you take the p*ss :headbat

BTBR said:

That's why I'm so keen!!

It may be wetter, but the landing is softer!!
:thumb :thumb

...a soft landing...

:cool: Liv.

Attachments

• Ikke våt enda - helt nytryna BMW i elv.jpg
    Ikke våt enda - helt nytryna BMW i elv.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 133

Back
Top Bottom