Rear drive Universal Joint

KAYCEE

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
It's a nice day up here, so I thought I would head up to the Leuchars Air Show, with my boy. The bike had been sitting in my garage for a week after I'd collected from my dealer, where it had been in getting th gearbox seals done. The bike was a bit grubby so I decided to give it a wash before going out on it. While I was soaping up the rear end I noticed that something was amiss. Should I really be seeing the rear drive universal joint? :nenau

Okay I've only done 100miles since the bike had the gearbox repair and hopefully nothing will have got in to damaged the UJ, but to cap it all I got my warranty renewal letter this morning. £659 . :spitfire

Guess who's gone back to kick up sh-t with my dealer

Attachments

• 0026.JPG
    0026.JPG
    72.4 KB · Views: 430
With a bright shiny UJ like that I wouldn't worry, mine are coated in rust from fording etc but they still work OK. The skirts are to keep crud out but are not 100% water tight.

I got my extended warranty price too, the £659 will be staying in Lee`s "fund for just incase the bike breaks down" account :thumb Lets hope I don`t need it eh? :D

Big Lee said:
I got my extended warranty price too, the £659 will be staying in Lee`s "fund for just incase the bike breaks down" account :thumb Lets hope I don`t need it eh? :D

Shouldn't that be the WHEN it breaks down fund???

Hmm, you don`t know the half of it! How many people when their warranty runs out & their gearbox seal leaks will just wipe it away, keep an eye on the level topping it up as & when & keep the £00`s it would cost to replace a seal in their bank accounts?

KAYCEE said:
Should I really be seeing the rear drive universal joint?
Well no, but the boot pops back into place pretty easly. The joints themselves are well sealed, so no actual harm has been done.

Big Lee said:
Hmm, you don`t know the half of it! How many people when their warranty runs out & their gearbox seal leaks will just wipe it away, keep an eye on the level topping it up
I did just that, but eventually it starts running down the swing arm and covering your back wheel. I wasn't brave enough to keep topping it up after that :D

Back
Top Bottom