Mid wales camp out..

Thats brilliant Dennis. Looks like the two routes will keep everyone happy with coasts and mountains covered for all, as well as some mountain passes and good sights.

If we are camping and the weather is fine how about taking some stoves out there with us and having a brew along side one of the reservoirs etc. Would make a nice change to do the camping experience "full on"
:clap :mmmm :beerjug:

Bew time.. mmm

A cracking idea. I have no probs hauling the msr along for brews, even bacon sarnies.. hmmmm :D

Travelling down from North Wales/Cheshire

Anyone likly to be travelling down fro my neck of the woods and fancy meeting up for the trip down? I am trying to wangle the friday afternoon off work, so hopefully can be flexible about departure times.

OH am based in Buckley, near Mold.. just on cheshire border.

Wales

Hi all...
I can vouch for Andy Melton..Top guide and all round nice chap. So count me in..Not sure what bike to bring though..airhead or oilhead. I depends on the proposed routes. IF its lots of off road then ill bring the airhead.. Lots of tarmac then ill bring the ADV..
I will read the posts to see whats going on..
It will be nice to meet new friends and see old friends alike..

Tony allen

Bloody hell Tony.
THis is getting like a geriatrics convention. Its been years I think with a few funerals in the way but be great to see you. Rode the Mountain Bikes with Jon the weekend so he's spending a lot of time with the pedals but still says you stay in touch. Good memories of Rhayader eh! Is "Stop out" Pete still riding?
Are you camping Tony and what time you heading over there? I am leaving Bath at 4pm and then going via JUnct 18 M4 and then through the Lanes for a real spin to get there. If you bring the Airhead I may be temted to go for some of those lanes we used to ride Flat out and Wide :thumb you know the ones I mean I am sure.

You guys are making me so jealous! I want to come but can't (It's my birthday on the 29th and the missus has invited friends over to celebrate!!!!)

Hope you all have a great time, I'll be thinking of you (enviously!). Hope the weather stays good for y'all.

Derek.

Tony
Are you biking over or trailering over? I think we might see Jon R out for a day on this one. I am speaking to him tonight.
Andy

It's a pity but I'll be there this weekend but can't make next. I've downloded the routes onto my work pc and emailed them home and will try them out if I like the look of them. I'll try and let you know what I think - if you're interested.

Dave

Others might like to know re the routes. I have ridden them many times over the years on many differing bikes.
Andy

Weather turning to sh*t - could well be a B&B weekend - it's not the camping in the rain that gets me it's the drying out of the gear afterwards :(

Dave

Weather?

If the waether is bad then I am in! Bird says it is ok to go so its a goer. Sod the the weather eh Melton, Fred the rain cat is on his way. Call me for a meeting point and time in the week.

Rain rain go away , until Fred is on his way!!!!

Fred the rain cat :cool:

Rain..

Its wales.. the rain is free.. :D

Tomorrow off for a ride out.. and then trial packing attempt.. my piccos tour this year taught me, i need more practise...

So.. everyone else ready??

Thinking of joining you guys on this one if thats ok :D

Download the route files but unable to open them, so what am I doing wrong?

Download the route files but unable to open them, so what am I doing wrong?

Are you using the latest version of Mapsource? the file are not back-compatable unfortunately. However at the the upgrades are free..... :beerjug:

Dennis said:
Are you using the latest version of Mapsource? the file are not back-compatable unfortunately. However at the the upgrades are free..... :beerjug:

How can I get Mapsource? just looked on the Garmin site, I can get updates but not the main softwear it appears. :nenau :nenau

I don't have a GPS but would like to be able to see the maps some of you guys put up on the site.

In the end we decided to go to a B&B we've used before in New Quay West Wales but had a look at the campsite en route which looks fantastic with plenty of pubs close by.

Dave - who sadly can't make next weekend :(

Good news..

Cheers Dave, thats good news. I have never been to this campsite, so taking on the recomendation.. but their website looks good.. just hope we get some nice weather..

Road routes look fun..

Back
Top Bottom