Mid wales camp out..

rocks

Reaction score
During the Llangollen get togather in May, a few of us banded round the idea of getting togather for a weekend camping and riding..

So anyone fancy the idea?

Nothing formal, just a place, a date and we can sort out what people want to do from there.

So anyone recommend any decent campsites? and looking around the 30th sept. Schools are back and weather should still hopefully semi reasonable..

How about making it a Mid Wales event based in the main campsite in Rhayader. The roads and trails are awesome and there is scope to make the Sunday runs in two directions. One back up North for those that came down to the event and another thro the Brecons for those that came from the east.
Saturday could be a centralised run around Mid wales with Nant Y Moch, Elans, Devils, Llyn Brian, Tregaron and Mountain passes all thrown in for fun. Lots of off road for those that way inclined as well. There are some superb forrest tracks that you could take a CBR down so perfect for the GS if anyone wants to be led in the area.

ANDY

I'm interested. I have the week off work and will be touring 'Oop North' but can hopefully get back a bit earlier.

Steve B

Campsite

Well as I used to Live in Ponterwyd, I have no objections for that part of the area. The initial idea was north wales because we were there..

If this is the campsite : http://www.wyesidecamping.co.uk/

Then prices seem reasonable £1 per pitch and £5 per adult.

And apparently 9 pubs within 5 five mins walk. :thumb

Open till end of Oct too.

what dates are you thinking?

i am not sure but i think that rocky would like this or maybe even me....
:)

Dates..

September the 29th to October the 1st.

Just over a fortnight away. Time to get the supplies sortted..

archaeo said:
what dates are you thinking?

i am not sure but i think that rocky would like this or maybe even me....
:)

Yeeah that's all very well but you will need a bike that runs :D

Im in for this one especially if its a camping weekend. The Wyeside is a fine site with great facilities and lots of pubs a mere stagger away.

29 Sept to 1 Oct it is then. :beer: :beerjug: :thumb :clap :bounce1

I'd like to come, I've got a week off work so can definately come, and I've never been to Wales before !!

Really hope this comes off :D

Its set..

Well the date and place are set.. now its just pass the word..

Finally! An event on here i can actually attend. Andy Melton, it's been a long time... looking forward to catching up with ya!

sounds good to me,date clear at the moment looking forward to it

looks like jason might make it
and mikey my bike is nearly fixed already so there :p
blunt spoons for you i think x

yyyeeeeehhhhhaaaaaa Its up and running. Well done Rocks. Now routes are the next thing. A range or one big one for the saturday. If the numbers are really starting to grow a number of runs with common meeting places might make bigger mileages possible as the roads are great but with with big numbers trying to get through them the speed drops right down and progress is slow.
Willing to put some ideas forward or leave it to others ( Rocks) to sort.

Just willing to help really. Let me know.
ANDY

Will be going up from the Bath area on the Friday and leaving at 4pm so about 4.30pm from Junction 18 on M4. Going to go cross country to avoid Friday shite car jams and make the best of the scenery to get there. Using B roads and Valleys.
ANDY

Route suggestions welcome

I hadnt really thought of any specific routes thus far, but will give it some thought tonight..

Though anyone with more local knowledge are welcome to make suggestions.

Its been a long time since I was down that part of the world..

Back
Top Bottom