'You lousy Bastards!!!' By Brian.

Fanum

Toubab
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
'Ere Brian' I said, 'Sit in this river mate and see if you can get a shot of us coming through will ya mate??' I said :D

''Durrr Hokay" he said

Thanks for getting this shot Brian......it made me laugh when I just tok it off the camera :thumb

I'll post more in a bit, but this one had to go up straight away :D

<iframe frameborder="1" height="450" scrolling="auto" src="http://media.putfile.com/Lousy-bastards" width="550"></iframe>

BTW, it's me, Timolgra, Special Uncle Alan and Forry on one of the 'play' fords :D

It all started a few days earlier when we arrived in Southampton to find that Steve (Possu) was quite chuffed to see Ela had made it intact and on time :D

94943311-L.jpg

After playing 'hunt the bra' down tiny little lanes in the middle of no-where, we found the site and pitched the tents.....the first time I've ever trailered a bike to an event but with Dani and the girls on board, there wasn't much choice. :D

We all overdid it on the Friday night, so anyone turning up on the Saturday must have thought it was a nun's convention as we were all in bed before 2 :eek:

Aidan had very kindly offered to take one of the girls on the back of his bike for my last fords ride, but sadly his ferry ran out of water and he didn't make the event until well after we'd left for the ride......in stepped 'Mr Cool' Clive who stepped in and took Emma out for the day....cheers Clive, you're a true gent :thumb

Dee hopped on the back of mine and off we set.......after a bit of faffing (My fault, sorry chaps) as I hadn't got the girls properly prepared early enough :rolleyes:

94943040-L.jpg

We had the ideal group size......10 bikes, and all 'known' riders so it was looking really promising!!

94943998-L.jpg

Mr Cool Clive with Emma on the back :thumb

Special Uncle Alan and lovely Auntie Lorna on the same ford...definately some happy squealing from the back of the bike :D

94943879-L.jpg

The Toad at Sheepy Parva

94944419-L.jpg

and Jase

94944482-M.jpg

Some bloke turned up on a DRZ but we all ignored him 'cos it was cheating :D

94944598-L.jpg

Brian again, Sheepy Parva (That's a place, not a disease :D)

94944637-L.jpg

Greg looking alltogether too professional for a GS meet :D

94944687-L.jpg

Tim and Martin (Forry) played on the entrance ramp a bit, until Forry nearly piled into the bridge :D

94944851-L.jpg

94944934-L.jpg

94945012-L.jpg

After lunch we picked up Ela (Pumpy) and Maria (Archeao) from a nearby pub and did the last three fords.......the first, Little LAwford, was the biggest one of the day so we checked the depth...it was fine, but it still looked like a biggun and had a nasty little step on the way out :)

94945113-L.jpg

You can see half of it here..it goes on round the corner.....

94945663-L.jpg

Here comes Jason!!!!

94945744-L.jpg

Still going.....a wiggle of the hips on the way but he stayed on :D

94945807-L.jpg

Greg was having too much fun ...here on his 357th pass through this ford :D

94946185-L.jpg

Red October II made it through........

94946252-L.jpg

Nearly!!!! :D

94946370-L.jpg

In fact Wizard had only got a little stuck in a rut and made it out as soon as he cleared it :thumb

94946456-L.jpg

Tim heading for the exit......

94946575-L.jpg

And Brian on his way back through

94946717-L.jpg

Clive making use of the lull as we sorted a drowned bike out.....

94946806-L.jpg

After Little Lawford it was Lubbenham.....a really nice small ford with a good track on the far side of it.....the ford was deep in a straight line but if you took a curve across it, the bottom was flat and sandy and made for some huge grins as we crossed it many times :thumb

(It's also the one that the vid clip was taken on)

This is me taking it, and you can just about see the marker stick we put in to keep to one side of.......
94947178-L.jpg

Tim giving it some beans........

94947210-L.jpg

Special Uncle Alan (Blowzorn)

94947256-L.jpg

Ela riding with style and grace........

94947559-L.jpg

Jason.....

94947631-L.jpg

As we left, one of the two kids who'd been playing at the ford decided to give it a go on their MTB.......he made it and recieved a true tosser's round of applause :D

94947713-L.jpg

94947755-L.jpg

On the the last ford at Langton Magna.....a half mile of nice track, then a lovely shallow splash ford that we did slowly at first.....

94948025-L.jpg

94948081-L.jpg

But then of course the GS gene kicked in and we all started playing :D

94948170-L.jpg

94948215-L.jpg

94948252-L.jpg

94948324-L.jpg

94948369-L.jpg

94948426-L.jpg

I've got some video clips of this one as well........I'll get them upoaded tomorrow :D

Aidan had very kindly offered to take one of the girls on the back of his bike for my last fords ride, but sadly his ferry ran out of water and he didn't make the event until well after we'd left for the ride......

So that's who it was, filtering at high speed :cool: up the A50 by Stoke City football ground on Saturday.
Pulled over to give him room :D

Les Wassall said:
So that's who it was, filtering at high speed :cool: up the A50 by Stoke City football ground on Saturday.
Pulled over to give him room :D

Yes, that was probably me, but in my defence, I was late and Whatton had told me there are no cameras along there. :eek:

Thanks for giving me room Les, lardy feckers like me need all the room we can get. :D :D

Awesome pics and great captions, Bill - thanks for taking the time! :thumb

Can't wait for the other videos... :D

Back
Top Bottom