Airport Parking

Ted

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Any one know if there is a secure motorcycle park at Manchester airport? Need to store the bike there for a few days next month along with some of my gear, helmet etc.

Sorry mate...I dunno.

I`d seriously doubt the security of it if it did exist anyway.........

On seeing your location,wouldn`t it be possible to get a lift off someone...or even a cab ?? :nenau

Hi Tarka. Normaly taxi would be no problem but bike is not secure for a long period (not go into details :( ) so need to take it and ether park or some how store for 8 days.

Ted said:
Hi Tarka. Normaly taxi would be no problem but bike is not secure for a long period (not go into details :( ) so need to take it and ether park or some how store for 8 days.

If you have no joy with the airport secure parking or if nobody else can help with your problem about leaving the bike,I can store your bike safely for that period and get you to the airport.

Just let me know :thumb

tarka said:
If you have no joy with the airport secure parking or if nobody else can help with your problem about leaving the bike,I can store your bike safely for that period and get you to the airport.

Just let me know :thumb

I only have my bike, but If I can help by running back to pick up your bike from somewhere let me know :thumb

No problems

Hiya Ted,

I work very, very close to the airport. We have a secure area inside the building where you could leave the bike. I keep my bike inside it and the MD stores his 2 bikes in it + a few boxes. You can leave it here and I can run you in. Sorted :thumb

Rushy said:
Hiya Ted,

I work very, very close to the airport. We have a secure area inside the building where you could leave the bike. I keep my bike inside it and the MD stores his 2 bikes in it + a few boxes. You can leave it here and I can run you in. Sorted :thumb

Great one, Rushy :thumb

That should make Ted`s day ! :beerjug:

Kenny said:
I was going to offer to mind it for him as well !!!!

Quite..........but he`d like it to still be there on his return. :D :D

Airport

Hi Ted,

if it's any help I live about 15 mins drive from airport (the planes almost land on my roof :eek: ).

I could store your bike and gear and run you to the airport(as long as it's not at 4am :D )

:beerjug: Cost you a pint though.

Cheers

Andrew

Thanks Ian :thumb If you are at the Windmill on 26th will sort it out with you then, if not I will give you a call still have your number.
I fly out on the 12th Oct so have some time yet.

Thanks to everyone for the offers and much appreciated was begining to worry about it but calm has returned :bounce1

STUBBS said:
try the airport web site

Had a look yesterday but nothing that particularly mentioned motorbikes so went along to the airport today. Best they can offer is a spot in the normal longstay park next to the terminal, no special bays just park up as the cars do and walk away :eek: Don't think I could do that and relax there is nowhere to put a chain through even to secure the bike. They say they have good security but have known cars go missing and also no discount still have to pay full price.
Shame they don't have some of those bikesafe things I read about some where, would have been just the job.

I thought airport parking was free

I remember reading an article in a bike magazine about some guy who commuted to mainland europe from a london airport on a Monday and back home on a Friday every week.

He kept a bike at each end to use to get to & from the airports because he said motorbike parking at the airports was free? :nenau

Probably not safe, but possibly free :rolleyes:

PS

Ted ...I'll see you at the meet :thumb

Manchester Airport Bike Park

Ted there is secure parking at Manchester Airport for motorcycles and it's free! If you follow the sines for T1 departures (at ground level not up the ramp to drop off) at the roundabout take the exit for Olympic house and MyTravel which is the exit after T3 and keep right. As you come back to the roundabout with the car park exit on your left the bike park is under the ramp on your right. Access is over the pavement. The park is undercover, monitored by the Airport Police by Camera and has tie down rings in the concrete. I and my colleagues use the park and have never had any problems. No bike tag required and it's only a minute walk to the terminal.

Dunno Bout manchester, but i left mine at stanstead longterm parking. Disc lock on and chanied to a lamppost directly infront of the security building.

When I asked about payment they said the barrrier dosent reach all the way across to come and go for free. :thumb .

I was away for a week and the bike was there when i returned.

I also regularly leave it in the "bike park" (the area with the sloping bars too low for a car to get in) at southampoon for 1-2 days at a time with no issues and have never been asked for payment, same rule as above with the bar not preventing access for Bikes

Back
Top Bottom